10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

??Twin Falls Course??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: ??Twin Falls Course?? Reply with quote

I was messing around on the PDGA website and saw that there is a 9-hole course in Twin Falls now (Thompsen Park). Have any of you heard about this course? Details?

I also saw new courses listed in McCall and Donnelly. There's also a new, tough little "pitch and putt" 9-hole course at Farragut State Park in North Idaho. If you are ever in the ballpark of Coeur d'Alene make sure you have your discs, Farragut State Park has 45 awesome disc golf holes and a nice disc selection in the Ranger Station, not to mention beautiful Lake Pend Oreille is very nearby. Check it out.

ScottW
PDGA# 28786
fiya79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: twin fall course Reply with quote

i played in twin yesterday and was very surprised. We intended to play walcott again on the way back from boise. We were going to run out of light so we stopped in twin instead. I expected a shorter course in some run down corner or nowhere. I was very surprised.

The course is in a very nice park that is easy to find and requires some distance. I would absolutely play it again but probably not make the drive exclusively for it.

I'm sure there are many ways to get there but here's how we went. take the main twin exit, cross the bridge and you're on blue lakes Blvd. drive untill it come to the funky split intersection, turn left onto addison. drive past K-mart and on your right look for pin 3 by a funeral home. park here and play out of order or take your next right and park by the playground. one is right of the playground but still on the hill. pin one is blind downhill over the path and on top of a grassy knoll. it is in the high 300 range, I think. The tee pads are incredibly small. i could straddle one easily and they're about 5 feet long. the signs are fixed to them (flush w/ground) on a 'rear appendage' . they give distances and sponsors as well as alternate distances, but no map. the pins all seemed to be in the 'main' position. the shortest hole was 220. I think three were 300-400 several were 400-450 and one was 550. the course flows nicely and we found everything within 10 seconds. I was surprised to see a course in a manicured, fairly busy park. we had to wait many times for walkers/bikers on the path and many holes were very very close to houses. many pins were near fences and a long drivge had you climbing. The pins are band new innova pro and are well installed. the stated par is probably figured for recreational play. (open downhill 550'- par 5). for optimal play several shots are required but there is often an option for forehand or back. I can only recall having to hit 2 smaller gaps. The course was busy on sat evening, mostly CSI kids but some families out throwing.

I drove as well as I ever have and threw a 28. Mindy wishes her score not to be disclosed. In fact she doesn't want to be mentioned on the site because she doesn't want people to know she is a nerd.
lance
ScottW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Thomsen Park Reply with quote

My wife and I played this one on Sat. after suffering through a brutally windy round at Walcott (it was so windy I didn't keep score so I didn't get frusterated). Thomsen Park was described well by Lance, the only thing I will add to it is if you do park in the parking lot of the park itself look for hole one on the north side of the playground near the open dirt field (hole 7 is the most prominent tee box to see first, and yes, they are rediculously small). I didn't keep score on this one either because I was more concerned with taking pictures of the course than how I was playing (plus I wasn't playing well to begin with). So, I have pictures of all 9 holes' tee pads/signs, view of the look from the tee pad, and a view of the basket about half-way down the fairway. I will have to have my wife send these to me because she has the camera in Pocatello and I am in Missoula. I'll try to get those posted soon.

The one thing I wish I really had when I played this course - a roller (forehand, backhand, sky, turnover, cut - whatever - a long distance roller would really help on this one). The recently dug ditch across the middle of the park should make for an interesting obstacle in the future. Check this one out if you are in the area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: