6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sister City renumbering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Sister City renumbering Reply with quote

I played a layout for the back nine that will end closer to the parking lot and will improve flow. Try this, I dare you:

PLay 10 and 11 as is.
Play hole 16, 17, 18 as 12, 13, 14
Walk up to hole 12 and play it as 15
Keep playing as is and end on current hole 15 as hole 18

Hole 15 finishes a lot closer to your car and is a much easier walk.

Hole 16 is the first box you come to after hole 11, and it makes an easy flow to play it as hole 12.

When I played this layout, I found I didn't cross any fairways and it felt like I walked a whole lot less. I realize the distance is the same, but it was a less tiring layout.

As far as playing 6 and 7 as 17 and 18, I'm afraid the walk from the back nine to hole 6 is nothing but uphill and tiring. I like the idea of ending by the parking lot, but seriously, try this layout and end on currect hole 15.
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems reasonable.

I have played 1-11 then 16,17,18 before to shorten the round. I have also played just 1-15 a few times. It is nice that you can bail in a few spots.

But what will we do with all of our fancy custom signage? Those posts are going to re-pencil themselves.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize the painstaking hours of time it took to hand-write all of those numbers in such great detail. We may have to have a club work day to re-stencil all of them, but I think we can make do.
onepaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before someone goes to all that trouble of restenciling the numbers heres another layout, havent played it but me thinks it might be ok. Play 1-6 as normal then play 13, 14 and 15 thats front nine and ends close to parking lot. Back nine play 16, 17, 18, 12, 7, 8, 9, 10, and end at 11. Thinking it breaks up the easier front side with a couple of harder holes and dont think it would make the back seem so loooong with holes 7, 8, 9 and 10. Only confusion might come from going from basket 6 past 7 tee to 13 tee and from 12 basket to 7 tee but I think its doable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: