9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sister City
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we/ can we meet out there today sometime in the afternoon? I still don't know where most of the holes even are. I'm going to lunch right now, but i still would like to meet up
wwashby

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Back nine at Sister City Reply with quote

Here are my current thoughts (Mostly from Lance with a few of mine thrown in) for the back nine. But things are shifting a bit here and there. What do you think?
http://picasaweb.google.com/WWAshby/SisterCityDiscGolfCourseBackNineIdeas#5391434758905287890
You can click on the magnifying glass at the top right of the picture to get a better look.
Happy throwing! Bring your long game (should balance out the front).
WWAshby
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks cool Wendell. It does look like it will really even out the front nine. I know where i will be spending my time at this course.
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to play sister city back 9 ala Wendell around 4:30 today if anyone is interested.
wwashby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to get there with London.
WWA
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was 4:30 yesterday.

It played pretty nicely. Obviously the arrows just go to a general location and we'll need to nail down exact pin placements. moving a pad 5 feet one way or another can also make a big difference but the course flowed better and had more good holes. I don't think on the downhill bomb that I will have a look at bird on A. kind of sad.
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

played the wendell back 9 again. It is playing really nice. there arent' really any throw away holes just to get to a cool hole. maybe 17, but it is still good enough. Everything is falgged though 17 and 18 were done in the dark and subject to change.

A lot of holes are in the 450-500 foot range in their long position a couple over 600 and only 3 really easily (10,13c, 14a) reachable holes.
Here are some estimates about how long they actually play, not how long they might measure.
10-240/260 11-380/480 12- 650/600 13-200/320/400 14-320/350 15-450/475 16- 450/500 17-450/500 18-450/440

this is going to be an awesome course. If anyone has a gas powered weed eater it would be helpful to establish some trail in commonly crossed areas.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on heading up there at about 3:30 and playing through all 18 A's and B's. If anyone wants to join me, I'll start at Hole 1 at 3:30 and keep going til I'm done.
Noah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finaly got out and played the front 9 at Sister City and must say that it is going to be a fun course. I'm looking forward to playing the back 9! Nice job and thank you to all who have helped with the design and those who have shared thier input! Thanks also goes out to all those who are going to be helping install the course!
mook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am one of the few who are not tired from installing a course, but I would like to go play Sister City tomorrow. Either early like 8am or abou 3pm.
cowan521

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can be there at 3
fiya79

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all those that helped out today. several of us put in more than 12 hours. It is hard to be at a course that long and not touch a disc.

I am going to try to play tomorrow as well but first:

I have a bunch of hoses and tools in my truck and trailer. I will try to organize them a bit and fit them all in my trailer. If you are missing somethign come and get it. Thank you for loaning it to the effort. I washed what I could find if it was really dirt or covered in concrete.

If you feel like you missed out there are still a few projects to do:

backfill and level the sprinkler bokes on the front 9. really easy job, you just need a rake. just pull the sprinkler box of and fill the hole until the box is flush with the ground. then push dirt in around the edges of the box. use the rake handle to do some compacting to keep things from shifting. Takes about 4 minutes per hole. you could play the front and do the boxes in about 50 minutes.

If there is excess dirt (there will be on the sign posts if nothing else) it needs shoveled up and dumped somewhere. Just go scoop it up and dump it in the sage. this would add about 20 minutes ot a round I would guess.

These 2 jobs need done by thursday so they can mow. The club has committed to completeing the course without further city staff time and this is part of that bargain.

I would like to get pad #10 built up higher and made more level and longer. If you want to help I have all of the tools. And would do it with you. I need to buy more brick and finish building the walls up. and someone could shovel itout own their own time.

the stairs going to 10 need major work. probably involving cement stepping stones and lots of digging.

a few of the pads need light leveling/clearing/raking. Anybody could handle this

most of the pins on the back need topped off with dirt. it would only take a shovel. and a few minutes per hole.

Some LIGHT trail work needs done on the more confusing parts of the course. this would involve weed eating , maybe trimming some sage or trees and mainly trampling a trail in that goes where people should go. shovels and rakes would maybe be necessary at times but at this point we just need to direct the flow, not build an elaborate system of perfectly level paths.

all of the holes need measured and the posts need marked with hole numbers and distances/arrows. the club has a 200' tape, I think.

There are many other things to do. it would be nice to get some of them done so the winter doesn't erode everything beyond repair.

At this point the course is playable but it could really use some more work to make driving safer, the course easier to navigate and have everything make sense.
mook

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! See you at 3:00!
cowan521

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good anyone is welcome to join us
fiya79

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the back needs tee pad work. maybe halloween morning for a few hours. each pad should only take an hour for a team of 2. some might take less.

anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: