7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 2010 SIMS what you want out of it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mooch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: The 2010 SIMS what you want out of it Reply with quote

First off I would like to say I had fun playing the SIMS this year It was a fun time competing against everybody and getting the chance to improve my game and learn more about the game.

BUT like everything else in the world there can always be inprovements so I was wanting to hear what every one else was thinking could be improved so I could do my part in making it better. Also so those people that think something is broken we can talk about it now and continue to figure a way to fix it, That way next years SIMS will be better than ever.

Chuck I would like to hear your thoughts on what you think would be good to get more Idaho Falls people involed.

James, Caleb, Mook I would like to hear what you guys would like to see happen with the SIMS. Also what would keep you guys coming out to them, and maybe giving some workshops/demos to help us no so great players improve our game.
mooch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a discussion Fourm to figure out what we can do for next year to keep everyone coming out to the events and to get more people coming out to them. Lets keep it as a freindly discussion please do not start fighting on the fourm thats not going to get us anywere.

Also I am not sure what your planning on with next year Austin but if your not wanting to run the SIMS and no one else wants to run it I will step up and run them to keep it going.

Thanks guys.
mooch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will start off with the first thing that I would like to see in next years SIMS is I would really like to see Soda Springs in the SIMS cause that course is fun and Challanging and different than all the other Courses that are currently in the SIMS. Which is what I tink the SIMS needs is different challanging courses.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thank you to Mooch for getting this forum going. I hope it leads to some positive changes in the future.

The thing I would like to see most out of the SIMS next year is for someone else to run it. I love this game, and I'd love to help, but I do not have the free time any more to run all of these events.

Also, it'd be cool to see this set up so that the club only runs a few events, while most of the events become stand-alone tourneys which are part of the series. The Freeman and Bengal Ridge events are already set up to be individual events.

Had a ton of fun this year. Thanks to all for your help.
novosel14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off no mandos... With OB some of the courese are hard enough. Second, the end of the SIMS tie breaker shouldnt go like it did this year. My suggestion would be Most tournments played in... Example. Adam 6 Noah 5 Sam 4 So that would make showing up too all alittle me fair to the people who try to come to every tournment. This year field goals caused the person who was in first almost all of the year to drop to 4th??? Then a guy who only showed up to 4 into 2nd... I dont think that was a fair tie breaker. Let them go play 9 if you dont like the idea. Third, why no bonus points for all tournments? I think it is a simple way to drive people to show up for every one.
kemmcase

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe there shouldnt be any amount of tournaments that you have to show up to to qualify for the end of the year. If you can only make it to two events and you kill it and win both with 8 extra points you should still be able to qualify
kemmcase

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be chance doea anybody know the formula for the points
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thought was to use a random number generator to assign points for each entrant in an event. But, we thought it'd be better to assign them as follows:

Take the number of people you beat plus yourself
Multiply that by 10
Divide that by the number of people in your division.

1st Casey K
2nd Lance
3rd Kerry
4th Mook

Then Casey K would get 10 points, Lance would get 7.5, Kerry would get 5, and Mook would get 2.5.

This system made it so that no one would get more than 10 or less than 1 point for competing in an event.
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting points system. I'll have to think about that one for a while to decide if I like it or not. If my quick math is right it would seem that third place could be worth anywhere from 3.3-9.3 points depending on the number of players in the field (3 and 30 in my example). That would skew the results heavily towards a mediocre player who shows up to the larger tournament rather than the expert at a small tournament. HMMM hard to come up with an al linclusive "fair" system, I know.

I like: the blend of casual and competitive play. everyone is there for a good time but you still want to make a big shot and deliver a beat down.
I dislike: The fact that I work 3/4 of all weekends
I like: the fact that poeple are able to move up and win cash within a year or two or taking up the sport
I dislike: Losing to some guy that just started playing
I like: having Missy do all of the scoring
I dislike: A lot of my scores
I like: Freeman Gold, Bengal Ridge, lava, and walcott.
I dislike: having to drvie to Soda to play for 17 hours. I've never palyed the course but I'd rather play Nfreemont or somewhere shorter for a monthly and leave soda to jon. If the two were the same tournament...I might be game.

I'm thinking about doing a full on lake walcott open c-tier tournament ala Steve Larsen if anyone wants to help. At least that way I could put it on my weekend of choice and have a good reason to go. Plus I want to see Mindy beat up on the intermediates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: