7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Retirement announcement from Lance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Retirement announcement from Lance Reply with quote

I know a lot of people have been talking about my declining preformance in disc golf lately. Not only do I not make it to a lot of events but I typically only take second. I mean even Kerry has been winning so it couldn't be that tough. Whenever I take up a sport or hobby I usually take it pretty seriously and try to really make my mark.

Because of the time it takes to advance to the next level in disc golf I AM RETIRING from competitive poodle grooming and full contact yoga in order to make more time for disc.

While I really used to get a thrill out of trimming and airbrushing a dog to look like a shark or school bus the subjective nature of the judging has really jaded me. After my "barc de triumph" lost out to "Hoover hound" at nationals my heart kind of left the arena for good. I mean seriously, how hard is it to make a bassett hound look like a vacuum. Please.

And while it sounds like fun to know how to kick a man in the throat while doing a pinky stand; it just isn't that useful in the real world. Also, my stretch pants keep getting holes in the knees, and that just pisses me off.

So from now on if you see me one the course stop and say hi, but just for a minute because I am in serious training for the 2010 sims.

There is no way anyone named casey or kemerererer is going to take home the big prize next year. Death to tomahawkers.
kemmcase

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that really hurts man Sad
why you got to call me out i know you are better than me
I couldnt even hold on to my lead agisnt james and caleb
feit11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance your training will be for not. Due to the overwhelming support of, well myself, i have decided to skip advanced division and go straight to open. Thats right open division here i come. Now i know that my game is not the greatest but nobody in disc golf can beat my ability to grow hair. I know that makes me sound like i am full of my self, but the truth hurts. Also i want to hang out with Rob and Colin. Blake and Syler are great and all but i am sick of losing to those two. So bring it on open division. i can't wait to get my ass kicked by you guys.
mooch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The competitive poodle grooming world with be sadden with your retirement. But glad to hear your coming back to the world of Disc golf. I was getting kinda worried with not seeing you out on the course that you had givin it up.

P.S. once you get the rust off your throwing arm let me know when your out at the course so I might try to get your tag.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everyone who says their playing Open next year really does, we could have a great Open group. It's been a while since this area has had a large Open field of competitors. I say, awesome that you're moving up to Open, Adam. Looking forward to it.

What makes me sad, is that Lance will be working so hard this off-season, only to get beat by Kemmerer and I in every event next year.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a real turn of events. I was gonna announce my retirement from disc golf to take up competitve dog grooming. I was at the amateur level of cat grooming and grew to pro quite quickly. Because of the cost of cat scratch suits, I switched to dogs. My "self portrait" Newfoundland is the talk of the PDGA (Professiona Dog Grooming Association).
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the support guys. Looking forward to the next series. Maybe I'll even organize a tournament so I can have it on a day I don't work.

Congrats to Casey on the series championchip. Anyone that can overhand that far deserves some recognition. It is always fun to play with Kasey K.

As far as anyone else moving up I would tend to discourage it. If I am going to win I need as little competition as possible. If I had to play against a dead squirrel I'm only 50/50.
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance, Have you forgotten our times at Ross park hole 10? I know I'm not the dominant Casey, but I thought you liked a good bottom.

I hope everyone moves up to Open next year. Mark and I need all the help in Advanced we can get. I was considering announcing my retirement from advanced so I could move back down to intermediate, but I don't need any more plastic, just more skills.
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my casey L. That was TMI. MY WIFE DIDN'T KNOW. See you there usual time this week again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: