10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACE'S
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Bragging Rights
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: ACE'S Reply with quote

I thought that I would start a forum on aces. My career aces are 8 now including a sweet shot today.

I have 4 aces on hole 1 at bengal, 1 ace at worlds in 2004, hole 6 from the b tee, hole 4 at ross park, and hole 7 at ross park.

So about hole 7 today. I was playing with Scott W. and I was showing him the different ways that I throw the hole the first round. Then the second round I decide to specify that my first throw was the one that I was counting for my real throw. I threw a conventional backhand and it was a very poor shot. Then I threw a thumber roller, kind of hard to explain, but it has a thumber grip, but you release it like tomahawk and get it to the ground early. This causes it to roll and cut right pretty early. Well for my second shot I threw it and it curled around the tree nicely and was headed straight for the basket. I was looking to see where it was going to roll too and the next thing i new it jumped up right before the basket and tinkled off the chains. It sounded like a putt that barely hits one of the chains and flies on by the basket. I was looking to see if it was in the basket and there it was suspended above the ground. I looked at it for a few seconds not believing what I saw, but sure enough it was in the basket. When we got up there we looked to see how it got up there and there is a small rock that I think may have caused the jump.

By far my luckiest ace yet.

Caleb Wolfe
ScottW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was definitely the weirdest ace I have ever seen (not that I have seen many). Honestly though, who gets an ace on a roller Question A roller Shocked Exclamation That would be the last shot I would ever expect someone to get an ace with, it's designed for distance and to maybe set you up for a deuce but an ace? gimme a break. That was the coolest ace. I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it. Five bucks says you couldn't do that again, just kidding, that's gotta move to the top of your "ace story" list.

ScottW
PDGA # 28786
agunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one ace...on Hole 1 at Blackfoot Smile . Funny thing is that I was reaching in my pocket to answer my phone when I threw it.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First ace was a CE Eagle forearm from the original tee box on hole #11 at Walcott. Short hole but your first ace is always awesome. I'm pretty sure I cried tears of joy.

2nd Ace was a Discraft (really? Discraft?) on hole #12 at Walcott. Just a little heiser shot that bent around perfectly.

3rd Ace was hole #1 at Bengal Ridge. Who hasnt aced this hole!?!? It was a backhand throw with my 2002 CE Roc that my son recently threw in a large creek on a camping trip. Couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure I cried then too.

4th Ace was Hole #17 at Bengal Ridge with an anheiser forearm with a Pro Firebird.

5th Ace was Hole #1 (AGAIN!) at Bengal Ridge. This one was interesting. There was about 8 of us there who had just finished building the wall in back of the #1 tee. I stepped and and said, "First throw off the new tee box!". I threw a goofy forearm on hole #1 that just skimmed the mountain and CHA-CHING!! Many...Many...were witnesses.

6th Ace happened on Saturday. Hole #12 (AGAIN!!) at Walcott. With my Omega Putter, you could draw a straight line from my hand to the basket on the flight of this ace.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First ACE hole #7 at bengal ridge. just a solid backhand throw with a 170 champion monster.

Second ACE hole #3 b tee at bengal ridge. another backhand throw with the discraft ace race disc during the ace race in 2006. i thought it was pretty sweet because i was the only one to ace off of a brick tee.

Third ACE hole #8 at ross park. one again a backhand actually on easter sunday 07. with my champion firebird.

Fourth ACE hole #1 at ross park. again a backhand. this time it was a line drive with an old, beat up, warped dx aviar putter.

funny all of my aces are backhand because i actually am more comfortable driving forehand when i have the opportunity

Last edited by pole vaulter on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
ScottW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: #3 Reply with quote

I picked up my third basket ace Very Happy last Thursday during the weekly league that I am running at Corbin Park DGC in Post Falls, ID. It was on hole #8 which was only about 160 ft or so. I hit it with my STAR Aviar putter (my primary putter), second ace with that disc. After that, during the same round, I had two more near aces that were only inches away from going in Shocked , both also with a STAR Aviar putter Cool (a different one though). Love thy putter Exclamation
fiya79

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: finally for me Reply with quote

after several years I finally hit an ace today. during league with just brandon to witness I hit hole on with a low backhand laser with my esp buzz. I had been whining pretty loudly lately about never getting one. Someone shut me up.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit my 4th ACE today! at Ross Park just a little more than two weeks after having surgery on my foot/ ankle. my second day out of my walking cast and my first day discing in at least a month and half. i was playing a putter only round with my big brother and line drive ACED hole #1 at Ross. it was with my bros old warped dx Aviar putter. he's giving it to me now. he has two others anyway. so yeah i'm stoked even though it was yet another back hand ace.

-james
ScottW

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And on your least favorite course, no less. Nice shootin Exclamation I am just glad you didn't say that you threw a forehand roller with a thumber grip for the ace like someone I know Very Happy Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick Exclamation

I hope your rehab for you ankle is going well, good luck.

I am trying to hold on to first in advanced at the Spokane City Cup this weekend. First after both rounds, gotta keep it over a 27 hole round tomorrow and I have 2 guys 1 shot back. We'll see.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck man. i'll probably throw ross again this afternoon to try for another "gimp ace"
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother Rob just got his 5th ACE. Hole #3 at Regional/ Chana Park in Auburn, CA. This is his third ace with the same star wraith that he has been throwing for like 2-3yrs. you can't even see any of the print on it. it was a forehand through some thick trees.
wwashby

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: First Ace Reply with quote

I hit my first ace ever this past Thursday- Bengal Ridge Hole 6 (276 feet, 36 feet down). Troy and I have been close a few times when running in the morning on this hole, but never hit anything. The basketball game that I was going to had a bunch of women setting up tables in the middle of it for a dinner, so I took a rare chance for a daylight round. I threw a nice hyzer with a beat up 175 DX Eagle that crashed the chains and went home. I wooped, hollared, jumped up and down, Laughing then cursed Troy for not being there (I had just called to invite him). I guess that he might have been a little gun-shy seeing how I cut open his head the last time he went out with me in the morning with a gentle hyzer.
I guess I will just have to sign my own disc. Wink By the way I found this DX Eagle so if you want to claim it now, I'll cry like a baby (See Lance's post above).
I guess there is something to playing in the daylight after all.
Woohoo!!
fiya79

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: nice job ashby Reply with quote

Great ace. Was the eagle a pink/peach color by chance? I lost one a while back, but don't actually want it back. Just curious. Playing in the day does have its advantages.

In case folks didn't read the ice bowl post- there were 4 aces. I thought that was an awful lot for 24 people over 36 holes. I still have only aced with one disc- white buzz every time. Sad.

I can't believe Adam hit #3 ross from the brick pad. Crazy. I gotta get my forehand back in shape.
wwashby

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Pink/Peach Eagle Reply with quote

Lance - I looked back at the lost and found post and saw that I found the DX sometime before June 07. It's white now so here is my theory.

Given you throwing speed of 150-170 mph, the unstability of the peach hue at this altitude, the white-bleeching effects of snowy/cold winter mornings (think of frostbite but for your disc), and the truma impact from hitting the chains from an ace, your disc has turned white.

But given your history with the WHITE buzz this should work in your favor, now you could have a white Eagle.

I did notice some teeth marks on this disc, so if you could bring a full mold of your mouth we should be able to match up the molars and verify that at one point this was in deed your disc. I should be at the winter club meeting so come with teeth in hand.

I also will require three independent dentists to be present to verify that the mold of your teeth actually belong to you and has not been altered by Mindy. Please also provide three sources of photo ID and a Peeble Creek Season Pass for the 08-09 season.

See ya then friend,
Wendell
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on a sweet ACE!!!!! that hole can be a lot more difficult than it looks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Bragging Rights All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: