9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scores at Bengal Ridge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Scores at Bengal Ridge. Reply with quote

What is everyone's best score on Bengal? I shot my best, two over, on Friday.
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official best tournament score is -7 shot by Kelly White. (now residing in Oregon) I have shot a -7 twice, but never in a tournament. My average for the course is a - 3, however I feel that this year I will arrive at my goal of a -5. My best on the front is a -5 and my best on the back is a -6, so a really good score is possible, however it is really difficult to put both together in one round.

My personal opinion is that the key to bengal ridge is not to play for birdies, but to play for par and take birdies as they come. I would also say that you should try to play for safe routes on the long holes such as 2, 4, 5, 16, 18.

For example, on hole 16 if you don't have the arm to get all the way accross you shoot for the right side of the fairway and make sure you don't go into the valley. Make a good approach shot and take your 3. Mentally you need to realize that there are not a lot of two's on that hole, so if you play safe and take your 3, it won't be to often that somebody gets a stroke on you.

Hole 18 is my most difficult hole on the course. When I started playing a shorter forehand hand shot, ensuring a pretty good lie then relying on my approach to get a three it became easier. I still get a lot of 4's, but not to many 5's.

I am not replying to agunter specifically, just giving my two cents.

Sorry for giving more than was asked for.

Caleb Wolfe
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-6 not in a tournament.

one ace hole 7a tee

one b tee ace hole 3 during the ace race
mook

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-7. But I was all by myself that day so I had nobody to share it with. Crying or Very sad
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: I am pretty sad Reply with quote

on the front I have shot -2 and on the back I have shot -2 but putting them together just doesn't happen.

I usually reset my score and start fresh. I would say that +2 is a top round for me.

I shot +6 on the front 9 yesterday in the wind. It was terrible.
ScottW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caleb,

I swear you shot an -8 with me one day and we were talking about how it was the unofficial course record. I remember it being a shameful, embarrasing day for me because you crushed me by 15 Shocked shots and I thought I shot a +7. Maybe I got those backwards. Anyway, my best is a 3 down Smile (51) which beat my previous best by 5 Very Happy . My best after that was a 1 down (53). I can't wait to see what I can do when I come down next week. I think my average (which includes all of my horrible rounds) was somewhere in the ballpark of +5 or 6 Confused . I hope to fair better now.

ScottW
PDGA # 28786
tkase

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Bengal Ridge Best Score Reply with quote

My best (shot twice) on the front is -1. Back is +1.
bwilliam

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: -2 Front -4 Back Reply with quote

I don't play the full 18 holes together very much. My best for the front 9 is -2. My best for the back 9 is -4. I can see how putting these two together for a -6 overall would be out of my league.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bringing this back because i shot -9 today at Bengal Ridge. Thats right 45 and i missed a few putts. Witnessed by Kerry, Eric, Matt, and Mark. -4 on the front, -5 on the back. Almost aced hole 6 too.

and mooch i did find your disc. i'll probably be at league monday night. or i can get it to you sometime after that

-james
cowan521

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you give me hope that someone with a big forehand like me can be as good as those backhanders such as austin and lance nice shootin man and + 1 fof an inconsistent intermediate such as i
kerry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James was zen on Friday. He kept saying "my wife" a lot and flashed the wedding band.

Lesson for you scrubs: get married=shoot record round
kemmcase

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shot two down last year at the championship i think that is a good score for me i can run the back good but dont shoot the front that great
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Brother Paul couldn't handle the fact that i had my best round at Bengal Ridge yesterday so he went out and shot his best round ever out there today. He shot -7, 47 with one bogey and said he missed a few 20ft putts.

I had to post because i'm proud of my big bro. and last time i played with him he kicked my ass
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: