10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Freeman SIMS and Bag Tags
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mooch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Freeman SIMS and Bag Tags Reply with quote

Ok everybody for the freeman SIMS what is going to happen is that I am going to be collecting the bag tags at registration and going to be keeping track of what division you are in and then redistributing them pending on how you do

So in simple terms you are going to be having a bag tag challenge with everybody in your division.

Please keep you complaining down to a minimum if you don't like it cause i really don't care i talked to a few people in the club and they all seemed to like the idea so deal with it a play good so you don't end up with a bad tag

Mooch
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity sake, why is it division based, shouldn't the bag tag be a competition between everyone. Just a thouhgt, not sure how everyone one else does it but i have never heard of it being just against the people in your division.

Caleb Wolfe
mooch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trying to keep peoples complaints down from it.

But if there is no complaints we could just do it with everybody
novosel14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter wat people will complain.... I like the everyone idea.
kemmcase

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of divisions because it allows the intermidate and advanced players to keep a lower tag. IF everybody throws in than all the open players are going to get the top tags. I think if you do it that way there was no reason for the early bag challenges there is no benefit. Say in the open division you will have 3, 8 16, so somebody in the open division will still be stuck with a high tag. That is just my thought hope it made sense.
jellyman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we are going to throw in the tags without the luxery of actually choosing your opponent i would rather just put everyones tags into the same group as we did in the beining. not super excited about the idea but it will be fun.
fiya79

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everyone throws in with no limits then it is a total reset of the tags. which may be fine.
I agree that open is going to walk away with essentailly 1-5 and advanced at least 10-20. intermediates would all be stuck near the bottom.
If we challenge by division and some intermediate happens to have #4 at least it is within reach for an intermediate having a good day. and therefor more challengeable in the future.

if the following plays out it is going to be a long time before the top tags filter back into the crowd
caleb-1
kerry-2
casey-3
austin-4

I hate to be such a jerk but even on a bad day the open players and going to beat the best intermediate players, maybe feit excluded. It is hard for intermediates to hang for 36 holes on a fairly long course with a lot of OB. that Consistency is what defines open a lot of the time. Better to challenge an open player at ross for 9 holes where anything can happen in a short time.
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be the devils advocate here, but wouldn't make since that the best people have the top tags. The idea is for someone who is ranked 30th to have an opportunity to get in the top 5. If that is what you are looking for then we should have created tags by division and had number 1 - 10 for open and another 1 - 10 for advanced and etc... The whole idea for the bag tag is for everyone to compete against everyone. here is how boise does it.

http://www.gemstatediscgolf.org/schedule/events/BagTag/2009BagTag.php

In case you don't want to read it, it essentially states that even at leagues all tags are turned in at the beginning and redistrubuted.

Like i said earlier I will not be there so once again this is just my opinion.

Caleb Wolfe

Last edited by cwolfe on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that people on both sides have valid points and i'm glad i don't have to decide either way. i won't be there either but i would put good money on kerry or casey k to win this one
English101

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can live with either choice as long as it is made by the right person. Mooch, this is your show, you make the call.

However, my personal preference is tags by division at Freeman. If we had been doing it the other way all along, cool. But changing to that format now makes all of the previous tag challenges like pre-season NFL football...a pointless waste.
staatsy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote would be for throwing all tags in, regardless of division.

Question, though. After the Freeman tourney, the rules state that we can only challenge within 5 tags of our own. So, if I have 18, I assume I can challenge 17,16,15,14 and 13 - correct? Does the "if you lose a challenge, you must challenge two other people before challenging the same person" still apply? So, for instance, if I challenge #14 and lose, then I have to challenge two of the other 5 prior to challenging that person again? That seems even further restrictive.

Another question - the rules state 13) No tag-backs! Challenged players must challenge at least two other players before challenging the same player

So that means if I challenge #14, lose, then #14 changes hands, I can challenge #14 in a successive challenge? (since I wouldn't be challenging the same player, just the same tag)

Eric
novosel14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

English101 wrote:
However, my personal preference is tags by division at Freeman. If we had been doing it the other way all along, cool. But changing to that format now makes all of the previous tag challenges like pre-season NFL football...a pointless waste.

Matt I agree to a point but..... We havent followed the rules all year. People have done "tag backs", People havent had challenges every two weeks, and people havent even played in challenges. So why not just make up new rules as we go? We do at every SIMS, why not the bag tag?
mooch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know we haven't followed the rules completely all year around but this is our first year having bag tags so we are still working out the kinks with the bag tag stuff also I wasn't put in charge of it until recently so i didn't have a chance to get the rules at the start of the year.

to answer your question Eric basically with the five tag rule I will give that right to whoever has a lower tag or higher however you look at it to not accept a challenge if they chose not to same goes for a group challenge for example

lets say that James, Kerry, and Lance are playing a game at Bengal and James has the number 2 tag Kerry has 10 and Lance has six. If Kerry wants to challenge Lance for his tag but Lance want to challenge James. so Kerry suggests that they have a group challenge it is James decisions if he will let Kerry in on the challenge Make Sense? Same works if it is just Kerry with 10 and James with 2 if James is willing to accept the challenge for the tag then it is OK but he has the right to say work your way up before you challenge me.

with the group thing at Freeman all I am trying to do is get some of the Tags moved around more because I personally seem to be challenging the same people in a row for there tags and I assume other people have to just trying to get them moved around more to encourage some challenges in the last few months of the bag tags.

A Added note We will NOT be doing this at the Bengal SIMS
cowan521

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i disagree mooch if you are going to throw in tags for freeman you might as well do bengal since some of us are stronger at bengal then freeman since we live in poky and dont get the chance to get over to i.f. often. i think that would be more fair.
mooch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats fine I can do it for Bengal as well but last time I checked the only people that have tags that live in IF is Kerry, Casey, And Chuck.

Just so you know the reason why I was not going to do it at Bengal was cause it is much closer to the end of the bag tag challenge so it would give you that month to get a good tag and hold onto in rather than get a nice tag number just to lose it at the end and not have a chance to get the tag back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: