10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hole 8 ROSS PARK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mooch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the great Caleb has spoken some wise words.
polarbear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that I have heard that you are not to drink alachol on the course. Alacholic beverages are the main trash problem at the course. I really dont care if people drink on the course but that is the problem so maby we need to just enforce the fact that you are not to dink on the course. How you would do this I really dont know but it is just anouther thought I had to add to all the other posts. And I do agree that we should take away the baskets for a while.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take the baskets out. You're right that was a studpid idea. When i get bored with the course sometime i will just break a lock and move a basket (its been done a number of times), or next time i hit a tree i will come back later and cut it down. Nothing will happen if i do. While i'm at it i'll buy a 12 pack of bottle and smash everyone on the tee boxes or rocks on hole 8. Nothing will happen to me. Maybe someone will put a sign up with a half hearted warning (that they can't or won't ever back up), maybe they will put some garbage cans out, but that won't affect me. I'll just keep playing my way.
Noah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with James on this. This really is whats going on. Think about it.
novosel14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA WOW we are so funny on here I cant even belive it! Great one you got me!

Ok lets just puinsh the whole class! Disc golfers arent the only people who go to the park. This isnt a disc golf problem(excpt the tree) What ever gets done rember, it isnt the club who runs the park it is the city. So were do we get off deciding what goes on at the park and how to use the CITY equipment? They have a trash problem cause they wont put trash cans in the park. Go to any other city and go to a park... Look around... What do you see... TRASH CANS!!! Im so sick of the people in this club who think they own this park. Im so happy the club has the final say in this one...... Oh wait we dont.
mook

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree and disagree with you Blake. Yeah, its partly a Pocatello problem. When they took all the trash cans out of all the parks to save money, it was very annoying, and litter did increase. But there are no regular trash cans at any parks there. Can you tell me which other parks look like upper Ross Park? You can't. Take a walk even just down to lower Ross Park. It's not the same.

Would you rather sacrifice for two weeks or have the possibility of the course being pull forever?

Also, if you talk to Randy Nordquist, he claims that he has a couple of friends who live up by Sister City who are already willing to fight tooth and nail against a course there. The Ross Park scene would sure give them some ammunition if something doesn't change soon.

AND, its not like there isn't 18 more holes you can play in town. Why doesn't Bengal look like Ross?

Lance, I am curious if you have any insight into this. Have you been hearing complaints from the Veterans or the public or bosses?
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the saddest thing about this whole thing is that the hoser who cut the tree will still suck. The tree isn't the problem. It's his suck-up game.
mook

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, tree cutter down person guy! You suck. I would challenge you anyday anytime...not only to disc golf either. I am pretty good at ping pong and MarioKart! Loser has to glue the branch back on!
English101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, tree hacker...you suck. He should have to stand there with his arms spread like the ol' "Y" tree and let us all play.
staatsy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the idea of removing the baskets. But I think Caleb is right - it's not the first step. I like the idea of posting a sign at each hole. Make it simple and short, because no one's going to read a long paragraph. Something like:

Please be considerate of all users of this park, as well as the park itself.

Please do not litter.

Removing baskets is something we need to hold in our back pocket for the time being.

Eric
novosel14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK MOOK!!!! I CHALLANGE YOU TO A GAME OF MARIO KART! We can play for tags if you want!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Wii or 64 your choice!
mook

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...It was aimed to the guy who cut the tree down, but I am always up for MarioKart. Haven't played 64 for awhile, but its just like riding a bike, right?
staatsy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark and I had a great conversation about options to inform the general public about rules of play, courtesy, the club, etc. What if the club had some sort of event (it could even be the summer meeting) where we hold it on a Saturday and everyone takes a one or two-hour shift sitting at hole 1 tee pad at Ross letting folks know about the club, rules of play, courtesy, etc. Ultimate has a "10 simple rules of Ultimate" that quickly and concisely explains the game. Here they are, for reference:

1. The Field: A rectangular shape with end zones at each end. A regulation field is 70 yards by 40 yards, with end zones 25 yards deep.
2. Initiate Play: Each point begins with both teams lining up on the front of their respective end zone line. The defense throws ("pulls") the disc to the offense. A regulation game has seven players per team.
3. Scoring: Each time the offense completes a pass in the defense's end zone, the offense scores a point. Play is initiated after each score.
4. Movement of the Disc: The disc may be advanced in any direction by completing a pass to a teammate. Players may not run with the disc. The person with the disc ("thrower") has ten seconds to throw the disc. The defender guarding the thrower ("marker") counts out the stall count.
5. Change of Possession: When a pass is not completed (e.g. out of bounds, drop, block, interception), the defense immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes the offense.
6. Substitutions: Players not in the game may replace players in the game after a score and during an injury timeout.
7. Non-contact: No physical contact is allowed between players. Picks and screens are also prohibited. A foul occurs when contact is made.
8. Fouls: When a player initiates contact on another player a foul occurs. When a foul disrupts possession, the play resumes as if the possession was retained. If the player committing the foul disagrees with the foul call, the play is redone.
9. Self-Officiating: Players are responsible for their own foul and line calls. Players resolve their own disputes.
10. Spirit of the Game: Ultimate stresses sportsmanship and fair play. Competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules, and the basic joy of play.

Is anyone aware of something simple like this for disc golf? Our idea was to have a hand out - it could be just a single sheet of paper, or even a half-sheet or quarter sheet, with something similar. We could even write something simple up ourselves and include some Ross-specific information. It also gives the opportunity to spread the word about the club and potentially bring in new members to grow the club.

I really like Mark's idea and think it's the best one suggested thus far for addressing some of the concerns at Ross Park.

Thanks all,

Eric
wwashby

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: PDGA Rules Reply with quote

I remember that one of the things that was helpful for me when I was learning was seeing a simple sign at Creek Side in SLC that stated the PDGA rules of removing brush, branches, language, and litter, etc.
It could help.
mook

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There needs to be signs period. I requested this when the signs were made in the first place. Put up a seperate rule or sign on each hole. There, you have 9 rules of disc golf which would include things to do and things not to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: