6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I've finally done it.....Highland High Disc Golf Club.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: I've finally done it.....Highland High Disc Golf Club. Reply with quote

What's up guys? I've been thinking about starting a club for quite some time, and I finally have it Razz . I asked one of my teachers, Darin White, to be the advisor. He plays at Bengal Ridge quite a bit. I've rounded up six or seven kids that will join so far. What do you think we should try to accomplish? I know the club mission will be to promote disc golf among Idaho's/Pocatello's youth. I have also thought about trying to improve the course somehow, a service project of sorts. Also, I hope to have some posters around the school, advertising the club and the sport itself. What else do you guys think I should do with the club? Any input is welcome.
agunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I've thought of contacting Caleb in the near future to see what we can do to help guarantee the development of the Nordic Center course. Maybe raise funds?
mook

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Adrien! I know that both the Bengal Ridge and Ross Park course could use plenty of cleanup! There is alot of trash, even at Ross Park where there is accessible dumpsters. Along those lines, lets not give disc golf a bad image in Pocatello by littering.

Also, promoting competitive play is always a big one for me. Lets make the youth of today the PDGA pros of tomorrow!
ScottW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is awesome that disc golf is being spread through the high schools. Here in Missoula that has been going on for a few years now and it has really helped bring a positive image to the sport here as well as the state. It seems that every year I hear of a high school kid doing something disc golf related for his senior project. Most of these are course clean up or general improvements. We have a large number of young, high school aged club members and some of them are very very good players. I wish I would have started playing in high school. If you want to know more info on what goes on up here or if you want to talk to some of members that run the Flagship program here check out the website at:

www.gardencityflyers.org

You can also direct questions at me and I can relay them to the people I know up here.

Keep up the good work

ScottW
PDGA # 28786
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: