5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ross Park
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,

If you'd like to write the letter, I can't say as I'd turn you down. I'd like to look it over before we mail it and see what we've got going on. Is there a time we could hook up in the next day or two? Let me know, I'll see if I can work it out.

Blake,

The post about the condition of Ross before disc golf. This will be your last language warning. If you leave the post about me up, that's fine. If you've got a problem with me, come talk to me face to face, and we can figure out how to fix it.

Everyone else,

If you don't like the way the city is handling this, write some letters. Get some friends to write letters. DO NOT GET MAD AT THE LUNCH IN THE PARK FOLKS!!! They are not the ones responsible for the locations of their programs.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Blake.
novosel14

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin I agree my language was not aproprate. Sorry. I have no problem till I get threatened. Im cool if you are.
Missy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for some clarification -

1) We cannot use Lower Ross Park because it is being used by another agency.

2)We would prefer to use the other side of the street by the playground because of all the reasons all of you stated above. Please understand that it was the city that asked us to move our serving location.

I do not want this to negatively reflect on the food service department or the school lunch in the park program.

While I believe that some of your concerns are very valid - please don't overreact. I made the original post to inform all of you - the club members - regarding these changes. We cannot take responsibility for the actions of those outside the club. We as the disc golf community need to take this opportunity to respond to these changes in a POSITIVE MANNER! So please in your dealings with others and with the city keep in mind that you are representing not only the PVDGC but you are representing disc golf as a whole to the city of Pocatello.
staatsy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin -

I'm out of town tomorrow and booked on Thursday. What about lunchtime on Friday? I can have something drafted by then.

I can write it as a concerned citizen and leave the club out of it, too, if that is preferable.

Eric
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a message for ALL club members:

I respect that everyone on this forum loves playing this game. We are all really different people with extremely different opinions. We need to maintain a level of respect for each other, especially in these threads.

If anyone has an issue with the way things are being handled by either myself or Matt, I feel I speak for both of us when I say, come tell us in person. I do much better with finding a solution if we can speak face to face.

In addition, if your problem is with me, let's keep it between you and me. There's no reason for us to air things out to the general public to resolve an issue.

Rest assured, I love playing this game. It is even better when I get to play with friends in the club. When it all boils down to it, we're all here to play disc golf and enjoy it.

Thanks all.

Austin
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this is like my 10th post on 10 minutes, but here it is:

Eric,

I could probably swing Lunchtime on Friday. Hey, we should meet at Ross and play 9 ... oh, we can't. (HeeHee) Where should I go and when exactly?
staatsy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, logically I say we meet either at Bengal or Ross in order to accomplish two things: (1) review letter (2) play some disc golf Smile

Either more convenient for you at lunch?

I'm tempted to meet at Ross to observe what happens around hole 9.

Eric
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance,

I've got contacts. If anyone would like contact information to contact the city, please find me at leagues or get ahold of me by email or phone.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,

Go ahead and draft a letter as a concerned citizen. I've got a letter drafted as Club President that I'd like to send. But, I'd love to have your input. Could I email it to you, rather than waiting until Friday?
staatsy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for it. estaats (at) gmail (dot) com
novosel14

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric and Austin

Thanks for doing this. I know this isnt my best area so I am happy that afew of us have steped up to do this! Thanks again!
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsepich at pocatello dot us

agreen at pocatello dot us
Missy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, as part of my job I observe the school lunch program in the parks and today was Upper Ross Park day. The bad thing was that there is NO WAY anyone can play hole 9. There are people literally all over the fairway. And I was disappointed to see a few groups of golfers play through hole 9. However - the great news is that the majority of golfers skipped hole 9. And the REALLY GREAT news was that we served several (20-25) teenage boys that came just to eat lunch and play disc golf in the park. So I just wanted to let you know that despite the inconvience of having to skip hole nine the sport is quickly growing!
novosel14

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also was at Ross today at lunch time. There were way more kids there than I ever saw there last year. Also a lot of disc golfers today. I didnt see anyone play 9 so I hope that the people she saw werent there very long. After the lunch the kids all left pretty quick and I even got to play 9 on my last time around. For the most part I think it went realy good when I was there. Other that it was way to hot today!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: