6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4/20 Bag Tag Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: 4/20 Bag Tag Thread Reply with quote

Here is the thread starting 4/20.
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance and James bengal ridge 6pm.

Anyone is welcome to play along.
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: bengal Reply with quote

Mooch, kerry, lance and James played it out at bengal for tags.

james- 53
lance-53
kerry - 54
mooch- 64
No tags changed hands

It was a three way tie for most of the round. Only a miracle put for par on 18 saved lance from owing $1.
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up with #2 Rob ?
How can I find him and throw down the gauntlet?
novosel14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how to get ahold of him. I just happen to run into him at Ross and Bengal all the time. If I see him I will tell him you want to play.
kerry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Calling #2 Reply with quote

Rob needs to take a challenge by 4/25 (2 weeks since Ross Monthly) or give up the tag per Bag Tag 09 regs. If Lance is first in line for a crack at #2, I want to be next.
staatsy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if we're going to get technical and start quoting from the bag tag regs:

10) Challenges can be made by any method other than the public forum

So, challenges technically can't be issued over this public forum.

Eric
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't issue a challenge yet, just tried to find out HOW to issue one.

although I would consider it an sort of 'dibs'.
staatsy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiya79 wrote:
I didn't issue a challenge yet, just tried to find out HOW to issue one.

although I would consider it an sort of 'dibs'.

See Caleb's post in the other bag tag thread.

I agree with Caleb - is there a way to get a master list of current members with contact info - either email or phone? That would make private challenges easier. I guess you could look at the bag tag list, then surf through the member list to get the info, but I'm too lazy for that Smile

Also, the "one challenge every 2 weeks" is a little unfair to those with high tag numbers, as there are fewer folks for them to challenge. For instance, the only person Rob (#2) could challenge is James right now. Also, will the "2 weeks" rule still be in effect after the Freeman Park Monthly?

Eric
novosel14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the two weeks.... Feit and I didnt even want tags, they came in the membership price. So you mostlikely wont see any challenges from 10 or 11 in the two week time frame. Plus what about the people who work... Matt for example Im sure has not had a challenage... will he loose his tag along with myself, Feit, Rob... oh and what about the kid how is in Hawii? How does he make a challenge when he wont be home in the two week time frame? I dont agree with that rule but I didnt write them.
staatsy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake, I think #2 has what you describe covered:

2) All challenges made within reasonable accommodations must be accepted

I work and have many obligations, so I only have narrow windows for challenges. If a challenge fits my window, then it's "reasonable." If it doesn't, then it's not reasonable and I have no obligation to accept.

If members do not want to participate, is the club willing to take back their tags?

I understand what the intent of the 2-week rule is - to encourage people to actively participate. Like everything else, we're probably making too much of a big deal out of this Razz Plus, keep in mind this is the first year for the bag tags, so I'm sure there will be some "learning as we go" time.

Eric
novosel14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, Eric your right. I just dont want people getting after eachother in the first "two weeks". Rob is new to the club, along with afew others, and I think we should give them a break.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "two-week" rule exists to prevent people from getting their tags and hiding. The point of the Bag Tag Challenge is to foster competition outside organized events, as well as during these events.

For tags above #5, it will be difficult to challenge anyone. The best way to avoid issues is to come to leagues and events and challenge around.

As far as tags that remain hidden for extended periods of time, they will become "lost tags". If you're tag is at risk of becoming "lost", you will get ample warning so you have a chance to participate in a challenge.

If you didn't want a tag, feel free to give it back to me at the next event you make it to (league or SIMS). Also, if you have paid your dues and you don't yet have a tag, I always have tags in my disc golf bag. That's the best way to get one.

I am not going to compile a list of Bag Tag participants with contact info. You can challenge someone, then pull their info off of the Members link at the top of the page. If their info isn't current, get ahold of them by forum.

On that note, if your info is not current (e-mail and phone), you NEED to get it to me by email at melissapettit7@gmail.com ASAP.

If you have any more questions, come talk to me at Ross tonight at League or email me at the above address.
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that james thing was a direct challenge on the forums. You got me.

My thought is that if a guy has #2 and hasn't been in a challenge in 2 weeks the main fault lies with #3-25. if you are #20 and havent' been in a challenge that's your own fault.

I don't think I, or kerry, were being entirely serious about anything written about rob. I'd just like to play a round with a new player that seems decent. I'd put big money on the bet that No one's going to pull a tag for 2 weeks violation.

We all need to realize the tags are fairly pointless in the grand scheme of things- except to foster friendly competition and have a reason to play more with people outside of the usual foursome. It is a great opportunity for developing players to play with more skilled players and get better faster. I wish I would have played with better people sooner.

If you don't want your tag or feel like challenging I would suggest clipping it to your bag just in case the urge strikes or some brand new palyer has a reason to come up and talk to you. Some poor low number will challenge you someday and you might end up in the twenties, then you won't have to worry about challenges anymore.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance has got it. I will not revoke your tag because you didn't challenge for 15 days. However, if you show no interest in participating in any challenges, I will take your tag. There is no reason for someone to play in one event, take a good tag, and hide until awards are handed out. In order to win things in this challenge, you must actively participate.

That being said, even if I am planning to pull your tag, I'll let you know and give you ample opportunity to challenge or accept a challenge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: