5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ross Park Monthly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

You comin'?
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

mook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its true there isn't a perfect system and I really don't have any problem with the way the SRS did it because they had a consistent amount of people showing up so it didn't skew things too much. The problem with our series is that one tournament you can have 12 pros show up one tourney and 2 the next. You can't make a good system off of that.

If it would make Blake happy, give more points for showing up. You don't have to drop any tournaments either if you don't want. The players who show up to all 6 will get more points. This is gonna sound rude, but true. If you aren't finishing in the top half of whatever divison you are in, I wouldn't worry too much about the points...under any reasonable system.

Here's and idea. The SIMS was designed to bring new players out to events and to help beginners get better. There shouldn't be a whole lotta pressure. There's not that much at stake. Show up to whatever event you can and HAVE FUN!
novosel14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mook

I never said I wanted more points for showing up. I think Lance said that. Sorry you seem to be offended that I dont like the way you scored the series. Im not trying to start a huge fight. I just wanted to see if we were going to change the point system. Austin said he is working on it so im happy about it.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we still discussing this. I AM CHANGING THE POINT SYSTEM THIS YEAR. If this system doesn't work well, we'll drop it and try a new one next year.

Last year's point system worked well for last year. This year, it'll be a different experiment.

This argument is over, okay.
staatsy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that there's good discussion going on in the forums lately. How else are we to evolve if we don't listen to one another?

Honestly, I don't really care about the point system all that much. I'm not ever going to be a pro and make $$$ playing disc golf. The SIMS series (for me) is a great way to spend some Saturdays with a really fun group of people and play some disc golf at a little more competitive level. It's a lot of fun. I don't want that part of it to change.

Look forward to seeing you guys on the 11th!

Eric
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Eric. These events are all about having fun and goofing off with a bunch of friends. If your in it only to cash out, you're going to be disappointed this year. However, that's not to say that there will be no reason to come out and compete. Winners will leave significantly richer than they came.

The points are to help foster a season-long attitude of competition. We are going to set the system up so we can remedy the situation Mook described where 12 pros show up one month and 2 the next. We are going to make this season less dependent on turnout, and more on statistical values.

I am looking forward to a great season.
mook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the first to say over 2 years ago and just three posts ago that these tournaments are designed to be low pressure fun events. They are my babies, and I realize that when I moved I left them in the clubs hands and I am fine with whatever changes are made. This will be my last post on points It doesn't matter how the points are done, whoever is better will win.

These are only discussions everyone, not arguements. I am not yelling in my comments. Don't make it sound like I am in your head. Reading back on my posts I don't even see where I was upset.
staatsy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Ross Park Easter Egg Hunt Reply with quote

Okay, I just found out the Ross Park Easter Egg Hunt is scheduled for April 11th at 10 AM - don't worry, it's in lower Ross Park.

Is there any chance that I can start my first round of the Monthly at something like 10:30? Is anyone else affected by this? Maybe we could have one late group or something?

I'll understand if I can't be accommodated.

Eric
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, Eric. I'll do my absolute best to accomodate this event. If anyone elese is affected by this, please post on this forum so we can prepare. Having a group or two start late would not be too complicated, we'd just need to make sure any late group(s) are MOVING when they play. But, we'll play it by ear on the 11th.

If you are going to be affected time-wise, by the Egg hunt, let me know and then hustle up to HQ by 10:30 at the latest.

Thanks all.
fiya79

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10:30 would be awesome for me. the tri starts at 9 and I should finish in abouty an hour, maybe 1:05. so If I hustle I should be able to do 10:30.

Mindy can be there on time and get me registered and whatnot.

The only real problem is that i don't really want to play with Eric....
staatsy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, maybe I should've read this post prior to offering to pick up your bag Smile

I know I suck, but dude, c'mon! That kinda hurts.

Eric
kerry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What division do you plan to play for the monthly series?

I should play advanced but am thinking about donating to open to make sure the next crop of advanced players step up from intermediate. Or I may stay where I am at: average advanced.
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play open because james is getting married and willl need my cash.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

play open. i'm pretty sure i'm only bringing three discs to this tourny. the way i've been playing lately... i don't think it matters how many i throw. the results will be the same Mad
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CALEB>>>ARE YOU OUT THERE?????

are you coming to the monthly? I need to know where my money is going.

I don't want it to be tithed.

But I don't want it to go to fuel a James hangover either.

And I don't want it to end up in the Utah economy.

I certainly don't want Kerry to get it and use it to support his little crack habit.

Maybe I should stay home.

Some boise and SLC guys were talking about driving in to play. Hopefully there is room for me still.
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your money will not be going to me. I am going to be playing in the Riverside Open. (Ball Golf) I still need to get my bag tag even if it is last place.

I think it would be great if you had Austin, Casey, Lance, Kerry, James, and maybe a few others in the open division.

Good luck to everyone on Saturday.

Caleb Wolfe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: