7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

summer series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Let's Get Together
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: summer series Reply with quote

I checked the dates against my calendar for local tournaments and it dies not look good. I will probably only make 1, possibly 2. I'm kind of bummed. I hoped to dominate the open division through sheer attendance.

I also won't make it to creekside, riverpark, IF open and pretty much everything. I work 3-4 weekends a month now and I just did not forsee this conflict when I set that up. What a doofus.

Luckily I have been playing horribly so I may save a bunch of $$ this way.

Anyone headed to the Treasure Valley cup, that is one of my few open weekends. Mindy and I have gone 2 out of 2 years. It isnt the world's highest class tournament but it is a good course and boise is always warmer. April 4 I think.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I am incredibly bummed. I was looking forward to beating up on you from the Advanced division. Oh well.
mooch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking I wouldn't mind going.... Is anybody else thinking about going? You can print off the preregistration form and fill it out and mail it in to make sure you get a spot. Here is the link http://discgolf.vpop.net/schedule/events/TVCup/TVCup.php
Noah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to go. I've never played the course and it looks like it might be fun.

For those who have gone or are thinking of going... what division would you play in?

Is this course fore-hand heavy like the course they had for the Ice bowl this year?
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: eagle island Reply with quote

I would say eagle island is a good balance of left right and straight. most of the distances are birdie range. maybe 6 holes are out of range for the deuce. The front is grassy and clean the back is weedy and brushy. I would go down friday and play at least one round.

I think intermediate would be appropriate. there really isn't a rec division to speak of, you would be bored. Last year they had alt tees for the int that were kind of lame- shorter and less fun. I doubt that makes a comeback.

I am still on the fence. I want to go for the third year but I also want to go to jackson and race in the pole pedal paddle. If I find a new road bike I'm going to Jackson. If I start putting well I'm going to E.I.
English101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to go to, but I will out of town that whole week. Hopefully I can get in a round or two in GA.
mooch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would play in intermediate and i am currently trying to talk the polar bear into going if i decide to and i assume he would play in intermediate as well. I'm down with going if we could get a few to save on money for gas is my big thing now if we could get a couple of people to go and car pool I'm sold on the idea of going
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my sumer schedule compared to the sims. I was hoping they were fun runs and I could just sneak on the course late. No such luck. Looks like Lava and possibly sister city. The rest are a firm no.

April 11th - ISU triathlon
May 9th - Lava Hot Springs Monthly!!!!
June 13th - Salmon River rafting
July 11th - Maybe,Kayaking trip scheduled
August 15th - Payette river trip
Septmeber 12th - Eastern Idaho State Fair
VALLEYMAN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I ONLY WORK HALF OF THE SATURDAYS BUT THE TOURNAMENTS ALWAYS SEEM TO FALL ON THE DAYS I WORK. WHEN I DO HAVE A SATURDAY OFF I SEEM TO GET OUT VOTED BY THE WIFE SO I HAVE OTHER THINGS TO COMMIT MY TIME TO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Let's Get Together All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: