9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sister City Park Fundraiser (PVDGC CFR discs, sort of)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
English101

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Sister City Park Fundraiser (PVDGC CFR discs, sort of) Reply with quote

Just this afternoon, I talked to Brad at Soccer Rockers, he asked if I would bring him some of the discs that I have dyed and said that he would sell them for $18.00 at his store.

100%, thats right all of the money from each disc will go to funding the new course in sister city park. If you spend 18.00 you are getting a disc (pretty cool ones I might add) and all 18.00 will go to the Sister City Course fund. Brad and I will not be making any personal money on these discs, we just want to try and support the new course.

Think of them as our own CFR discs. There are currently 12 new designs to choose from, only some of which have been posted on this website. Support the course buy some unique plastic. Go into Soccer Rockers and ask for them.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me help you all with some math on this "CFR" program we are running.

1 Hole = approximately 25 discs.

Every time we sell 25 discs, we can pay for one hole at Sister City. Tell all of your friends about Matt's awesome plastic dyes. A dyed champion disc goes for $20 online, plus shipping. Add $2 to that for Star. Buying Matt's dyes is a steal comparatively. Currently, you can only get these dyes at Soccer Rockers, and they'll sell fast, so get down there.
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea.

I'll be going to Soccer Rockers some time this week to donate some of the discs Matt recently dyed for me. They're all Rocs, either Star (Ontario) or Champ (Rancho). Since they are fund raiser discs, I'm going to ask Brad to price them at $25 each. If he agrees you can complain to me rather than him.
English101

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: First Disc Sold Online Reply with quote

Sold the first "Online" disc for the club yesterday for $20.00. A pretty cool guy named Brad bought the disc and made a special request. I made an "Oakland A's" disc for him in green and yellow dye on a clear champ orc. Brad contacted me through the "Discaroo" website where I had a dyed disc or two of my own listed.

I will try and have them up on some kind of a website in the next week or so. For those that prefer to shop online.
Noah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Job on the Dyes!!! I had to stop by Soccer Rockers to check out those discs. Awsome Job and Idea's!
I do like the VW Disc. Smile
English101

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Newest Additions to the fundraiser discs Reply with quote

Here are a few of the newest editions of the custom dyed discs:

Z Magnet (Stones):
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff229/mnmenglish/Custom%20Discs/?action=view&current=Stones.jpg&t=1233368954483

Panther (Flames):
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff229/mnmenglish/Custom%20Discs/?action=view&current=Flames.jpg

Cyclone (Chuck Norris):
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff229/mnmenglish/Custom%20Discs/?action=view&current=ChuckNorris.jpg

I will bring all of the dye jobs to the "Ice Bowl". Bring a few extra dollars and help us support the new sister city park course.
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: awesome Reply with quote

those are totally awesome. Nice job Matt. I've got some things for you to dye. I'll pay $20 each towards the club cause.
English101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Sounds Great Reply with quote

Just bring what you would like done to the Ice Bowl.
English101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold two more discs at Soccer Rockers this week. New discs will be popping up there each week.
novosel14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Matt heres one for you... I havent seen the new logo but do you think you could put it on a disc?
English101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so, it seems pretty reasonable. I think its a good idea. I will see if I can get one done before Sat.
English101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: 2 of 4 Reply with quote

Eric,

Your first 2 discs are done, I won't be able to get the other 2 done until next week sometime, but they are prepped and ready to cut and dye:

Boss:
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff229/mnmenglish/Custom%20Discs/?action=view&current=TMNTBoss.jpg

Orc:
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff229/mnmenglish/Custom%20Discs/?action=view&current=TMNTOrc.jpg

Hope you don't mind me taking a little liberty and trying multiple tones of the black, but I think they look pretty cool. No bleeds...yea!

Hands down, your Boss is one of my favorite discs ever.
staatsy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet mother of awesome! The color-matched-to-the-turtle drivers are going to rock! Matt - you've out done yourself! Thanks! And no rush, dude.

Eric
mooch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a thought today about trying to get sponsors for holes at the sister city park, and thought that i would share and see if it helps at all.

the radio stations in town might be willing to sponsor a hole or holes depending on what stations we might be able to get. i know where most of there offices are at cause where i work we work on some of there equipment from time to time.

i also thought that maybe the outback mini golf and driving range might be willing to sponsor a hole cause they are just down the street from where the course would be put in so that could be a good selling point for them.

i also thought that we could possibly have a fundraiser tournament to raise money for the course but not necessarily to raise money but more so to invite those companies or people that are interested in or on the fence of sponsoring a hole to come and see who plays and see what there money would be going to. but most of all to give them a chance to play the game that all of us love.

i know that's a lot of info and you have probably already thought of it but just in case you haven't i thought that i would share my ideas.
Noah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Is an Awsome idea mooch!!! I love the last point you made about hold a tournament/ Event for our sponsors to see what they are putting thier money into.
Way to think!!! Great Idea!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: