7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Town Hall Meeting Forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To update everyone on events planning that is going on, I will outline my plan for events for the 09 season.

The SIMS will continue, with a few tweeks. We will start the SIMS in April and go through September. We will take out Blackfoot as a course, and add Lava's two 9-holes. I don't know if we'll do Mink Creek or Soda Springs this year. But, the end will be six tourneys, one a month, culminating with Bengal in September.

The Bag Tag Challenge will take the place of yearly awards for at least Ross Park League. Rather than accruing points in Ross Park league, we will compete weekly for cash and tags.

I am still planing on running one or two doubles fundraisers next year for course development. The two courses will be Freeman and Bengal and when is not certain yet.

As far as cost and fees go, I need to get with the current officers to determine how much of what fees go where currently. Once I have figured that out, we can make some decisions.

If you're keeping track, we have 7 or 8 tournaments and at least one weekly league planned for next year. Details will come later.
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Austin is posting plans for next year... I am going TD two tournaments next year. In June I'm planning on doing a "Japan Open in Idaho Falls" at Freeman park. I'm also going to do another one-disc-challenge, but am not sure if I'll keep it at Ross&Bengal or move to another location. Both tournaments will be club fundraisers, with money going towards more SE Idaho courses (hopefully Mink Creek 2010?). My wife and I are do to have another kid in April, so this is probably all I'll be able to contribute over the next season.

What time is the club meeting on the 17th?
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: club finances Reply with quote

I think Austin is showing wisdom beyond his years in not nailing down specific costs and fees yet. The books need a good looking at before committing to anything.

As for my lack of seriousness- this is (so far) a one candidate race. Austin's platform could be just about anything and it is a lock. If you have concerns of questions get them out there, run for office, make a change. I'd be happy to see a real debate, but right now there is no one to debate against.

On another note anyone want to take over league? Brandond had like 99% attendance himself. that was pretty impressive. I have too many job obligations to even get close to that.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received permission from the misses to run Ross Park League next year, unless someone else really wants to. Again, we will be using the Bag Tag instead of season standings this year. I was thinking of moving Ross Park league to Thursday evenings rather than Wednesdays. It always seemed that Bengal on Teusdays then Ross on Wednesdays was a little too much. If we try to space it out with a day between, we may get better turn out at both.

Any objections to any of this? Seriously, if anyone else wants to do evening league at Ross, please speak up now. In addition, I haven't heard if Troy still ants to run Bengal league on Teusdays, or what is up with that. I'm sure we'll find out later on as we go. Thanks for all of your input everyone.

Austin
staatsy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: 2009 Ace Race Reply with quote

FYI - I was hoping to TD an ace race in 2009 - hopefully one sponsored by Discraft. I'll try to do it as early as their ace race allows. No details yet - Bengal or Ross. If we do Bengal, it'll need some alt tees - which I've been told Austin has some experience with Smile
Hopefully, I can get a bit of additional sponsorship, too.

As for Ross league - my vote is to keep it Wednesday nights, due to the fact that open climb is Thursday evenings in the summer....

Eric
Noah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? No more Propaganda and Questions?
Is there anymore details on the 2009 Ice Bowl?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: