7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

December Club Meeting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think the club should raise its annual membership fees to allow for more club benefits?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

mook

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: December Club Meeting Reply with quote

...which reminds me that the end of the year is approaching quickly. We need to set a date for the December club meeting so that all of you can voice ALL of the anguish that I have caused you this past year. No, seriously, the way I feel right now I don't even want to be President even if I do stay in town. I am sure I will get over it!

I am thinking December 18th? Thats a Thursday. I liked going to Outer Limits if you guys wanted to have the meeting there again. Let me know what you think about the date and place and if you have a better idea.

For those who are interested in being a club officer President or Treasurer, now is the time to start politickin.

Also, this might be a longer meeting than years past. I wanted to go over the club name, the membership fee (we would like to increase), bag tags, 2009 schedule, and tournament director/league administrator prospects.

Thanks!
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad this is being discussed a month in advance. Maybe i can make it to the club meeting this year
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That date sounds good to me. The only issue I have with the location is that the noise level could be on the high side during our meeting. Either way, I'm good with wherever.

Also, I'd like to announce my candidacy for President. I will propaganize later, as needed. More to come.

Austin
mook

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Awesome! We have 1 candidate for President. Thanks Austin.

We don't have to do it at Outer Limits. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Also, I'm an idiot. The 18th is my son's birthday. How about the 17th which is a Wednesday night?
cummmike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: 17th is great for me Reply with quote

Wednesday the 17th works for me. I wouldn't have been able to make it on the 18th.
gripnrip

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin, way to step up, I think you'd make a great prez.
Hey Brandon, where do you think you'll land? Let me know if it's the Logan area.
mook

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news.

I will not be contending with Austin for 2009 club president. I am moving to Logan. As of November 22nd, I am a Utahrd. I will be excited to attend all the tournaments that will be held and seeing you all then.

I will still be a pvdgc member and will be glad to help out where I can. I can help finish installation in Lava and also would be glad to run the Lava Ice Bowl in February. It sounds like there are 3-4 people willing to step up and run events next year. I should be to all of them and will be glad to help assist. Maybe I can even run one of them. I have an excel file that any pvdgc TD can use that calculates all the prizes for you.

The Halloween Haunt is still my baby if that is ok with everyone. I have too much of a foundation in sponsorship in Pocatello to let it go.

Any other questions can be directed to me privately. I have to revert back to my old e-mail (mymookmail@yahoo.com) because I have cancelled my current internet service.

I really feel like Southeast Idaho disc golf has grown in leaps and bounds the last two years and that isn't because of me. Its because of all of you. You have been the best disc golf community on the earth and I am sad to have to see that from the outside in next year.

The club meeting will be held at Outer Limits (due to no other suggestions made) on December 17th, at 6:00pm. There will be free pizza for pvdgc members and their families. Drinks other than water are not paid for. We will do a quick year in review, nominate any other candidates for President and Treasurer, preview the upcoming year, giveaway some free stuff, and then play laser tag (for those who want)

If you are willing to run for a club officer, please let us know beforehand (though it is not required) so that those who can't attend the meeting can still cast their votes beforehand. Also, be prepared to preview the upcoming year in case your are voted into office.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother Brad came to me when he heard that I was moving and volunteered himself to run 2-3 events for the SIMS next year if you would like him too. It would be like having me around but with more hair. I am sure he will be at the meeting to discuss it.
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: so sad Reply with quote

It will be sad to see Brandon gone soon.

In response to some of his comments:

If you are willing to do the haunt still I believe no one could or would do it better. It is your baby and no one would dare take it from you. I would be happy to be an assistant to do some of the things around idaho that need done so you don't have to drive up a bunch of times.

Outer limits is fine with me again. In the future a yurt meeting at mink creek is an option too (with raging bon fire at no extra charge).

Responses not to comments made yet.

The treasurer position is up for grabs. I am totally willing to turn it over to someone. I think I have proven my weekends are very busy during the summer and unless the td(s) are willing to let me schedule all the tournaments the club gear will be passed around aimlessly again. (thanks to everyone that has picked up my slack so far). I work at least two weekends a month and sometimes 3 so I am a tough bugger to deal with sometimes. All my major dates are set already for next year though.
I don't mind doing the ordering and deposits, I don't even mind storing the stuff. I just can't make it to every weekend event.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great Lance. I would totally be willing to do the yurt thing. That sounds alot funner.
mooch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm new to the club and haven't been to any of the "activites" but i am more than willing to help out anyway I can. I have every weekend off and nights so i sould be at all if not most of the tournaments or what not as long as the girl friend is ok with it (got to keep them happy).
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: decision Reply with quote

so is it outer limits or the yurt?

If it is the yurt we could meet around 6 and light up the sled hill if there is enough snow. I will buy pizza and drinks out of the club funds and have it ready for all.
inidividuals need to bring warm clothes (for outdoor stuff). I will go up early and get the yurt warm and get things going. if there is snow I could use some help getting the lights up on the sled hill.

If it is outer limits no one really needs to do anything. We order pizza there, you pay for you own games and it rolls right along.
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As cool as the yurt sounds, getting out to Mink Creek on a week night would make this meeting a no-go for me. I like the outer limits ideas 'cause then I can integrate disc golf into a family night outing.
-Casey
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mr. Locke. I think we should stick with Outer Limits this time, maybe do Yurt for the Spring Meeting. I think Outer Limits is expecting us to be there as well?

Anyone interested in being club treasurer? This has been a silent election for that position so far. Lance has done a great job, but it sounds like he is ready for a break. Lance, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Wazowski08 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiya79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outer limits is fine with me too. Just trying to throw somw winter into the winter meeting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: