6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two New Courses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: parks Reply with quote

I am really unsure about exact boundaries and such.

I do know:
The greenway doesn't own any land. they don't even technically own the trails. they negotiate right of ways, easements and such. when a section is installed it belongs to the city with a contract that says the greenway foundation will maintain it.

the sacajawea area (or whatever it is called these days) has just undergone a huge renovation that involved several departments. it is now the city's stormwater collection point and sometimes artificial wetland. it was recently seeded with natural brush and grasses and is intended to be low maintenence. The DEQ or some fed agnecy decided that poky needed to 'treat' the stormwater runoff this way- natural filtering.

I think the bulk of the land is city owned but some of the greenway in that vicinity is certainly on private land with long term easements. I would guess that the area brandon is eyeing isn't likely private as the private chunks tend to be between other obviously private chunks.

My only opposition to this area is the fact that it is so underutilized that there have been a lot of vandalism incidents. even the current irrigation system is getting hit so hard that the grasses may not make it. I'm not sure if disc would be enough to displace these undesireable activities like it did at ross pr if that area is too far gone.

second is the fact that I would have to get the approval of about 10 different department heads. but I am willing if needs be.

I am in favor because :
water hazards= fun.
design limitations could be few.
more disc golf
mook

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister City has the advantages of grass and sharp elevation changes. The disadvantages aree some holes will be unspectacular because of limited size and there will be noise from the neighborhood because no matter how safe I make the course there will be someone who goes into private property.

Sacajawea has the advantages on almost limitless space, water hazards, and beautiful natural obstacles and fairways. The disadvantages are very limited elevation changes, no grass, and flood season.

In my mind, the course wouldn't be interfering with the storm water and vegetation area. It would be mostly north of that. What would be great to know is how willing the city would be to letting us do this. Maybe you could shoot an e-mail to all the dept heads and just see what they think. If it sounds like its going to just add another load to convince these people that its ok, then we'll go with Sister City.
gripnrip

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having lived in Pocatello for 35 years and being formerly employed by Bannock county's "Intense Supervision" juvenile detention program I can state for a fact that the trailer park near this area was, and probably still is a haven for gang activity and participants. I think the increased foot traffic and activity of decent folk would be a deterrent to crime and graffity (gang activity). Maybe the club could send official proposals to the city and a copy to the Idaho State Journal, Ch 6, and the police department for cooperation in taking measures to reduce crime in the area.
mook

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lava has recieved all 18 baskets from Innova today. They are assembling them this week. Can anyone help next week to go down and install them? Give me some ideas of when you guys are available.
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Awesome Reply with quote

I could go tuesday or most evenings (not tuesday evening though).
I am so glad they finally went innova after such a fiasco. apparently the school is getting handful of homemades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: