10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Highest Rated Player in Idaho!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: New Highest Rated Player in Idaho! Reply with quote

We know him by many names: the chief "M" in M-cubed, "Bag O Sand" Lansang, "Easy Money" (Friday skins only). Now you can call him the highest rated disc golfer in ID.

Check this out!

Player Name PDGA# State Country Rating Rounds Division
Mark Lansang 35163 ID USA 997 2 M Am

Caleb is a lowly 983 for comparison.

The fact that Jon may not have adjusted the player ratings for the blue vs red tees @ Soda may have had something to do with this...

Just think of the all the Boise stat watchers saying, "Who the hell is Mark Lansang and why is he playing MA2?"
mook

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon was right! The PDGA does eliminate sandbagging! My bad for doubting you.

Sorry, Mark. Rules state that if you are 935 or higher, you must go Advanced which would also be sandbagging according to your rating.
English101

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: This explains a lot. Reply with quote

This explains a lot to me...no wonder I am always losing to this guy. (besides the fact that he is just better than me)
onepaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh yes my legendary disc golf status is reaching new heights, I am officially the highest rated bagger in Idaho. I will sign autographs for a small fee and you will have a valuable piece of plastic that will actually decrease in value. Just remember you will all be able to tell the story of how you know "the 2 finger slinger" of SE Idaho who was once a 997 rated player, a story that one day might top the story of a drowning girl in a bikini!!
novosel14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!! You realy think it is cool when people talk shit on you. That is either way sad or realy pathetic. Mark maybe you should take the hint everyone has gave you..... MOVE UP YOU SANDBAGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Know Im not as good as you yet, but when I am I will for sure play up.

Oh and nice to see you try to win the SIMS yesterday Mark. Now that you didnt win you can play Intermedate again next year!
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you joking? I really hope you are. If not...

-You totally crossed the line

-You're acting like a child

-And you probably aren't ever going to be better than Mark, so don't worry about playing up. (Playing and practicing make you better, not being a whiney bitch)
novosel14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-I am not joking

-I dont care what you think James

-If the truth is crossing the line, I just crossed it

If no one has noticed I realy dont care what most people think about me. If you dont like how I act I dont care. I can say what I feel whenever I like, and will continue to do so.

As I just made it through my first year of playing disc golf, I am not that good yet. The more I play I am going to get better, and when the time comes I will move up. I just hope that it is before people start to talk shit on me for not playing up to my leval. Just cause James thinks Im not going to get better makes me want to work harder..... I guess thats more than some people on this blog can say.
cummmike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: How was the wedding Reply with quote

Mark,

I heard you missed the tournament Saturday because you were at your daughter's wedding. How was the wedding?
mook

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is getting way out of hand and I will remove anyone's ability to use the forum at all if it continues to be abused.
novosel14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mark and Mook. It wont happen again.
gripnrip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is this Novosell character anyway? And why is he still debasing the forums?
His posts are offensive and show poor taste as well as lack of character and judgement, but that's O.K. because he doesn't care what anyone thinks about him. ?
This thread is bad PR for the club and disc golf and should be deleted.
novosel14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I said sorry. What else do you want?
novosel14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I do get kicked off I would seek a refund for my membership fee. The only reason I joined the club is to go to tornys and talk on this board. If you all dont want me around thats fine I will still be at the events and support the club.

Brandon I hope you give me alittle slack I will clean it up.
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: relax Reply with quote

I think a lot of the problem here stems from the fact that most of the regular posters know each other pretty well and harass each other wildly and know that no real harm is intended. Blake is new enough on the scene that I don't have a read on his personality like I do so many others. I do know Adam well enough to believe he would choose decent friends, so I have to assume that Blake is just terribly misunderstood a lot of the time. I am sure as he/we get more events together things will clear up nicely.

I am pretty surprised to see a great general apology from blake. I was not expecting that, and i think it shows some character from him and some misjudgement from me. I hope to get to know everyone better, including Blake.

Also, I hope this thread dies soon.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, I haven't deleted anyone from the forums. I will say this generally because I think it has gone both ways. If you have a personal problem with someone, don't take it publicly, do it in private, and this is not just in reference to Blake, this is to those who backlash as well.

Most of us trash talk and I think that's all Blake was trying to do, just a little too harsh. Obviously, it offended more than one person. Let's just keep the vulgarity out of it and I think we'll all be fine.

Let's not discourage our new player's either. It takes alot of cahonies to come out and play in tournaments without very much experience.

Thank you for your apology Blake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: