9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4th Annual Black Jax Halloween Haunt
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you planning on playing in the Halloween Haunt this year?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

mook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: 4th Annual Black Jax Halloween Haunt Reply with quote

Its coming fast. There is a link to the Tournament Home page on the frontpage or you can go here
http://pvdgc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=48

We are sticking to a much shorter event this year (22 holes shorter) with 2 rounds of 13 holes all in the dark. I need HELP! I actually got a ton of help last year, but I did not anticipate some things like media coverage and what not. I have promised double the sponsorship and I see no reason why we can't exceed that...with your help.

Here are the things I need:

1. SPONSORSHIP: If you work at a place that might sponsor (even as little as $50), ask them if they would sponsor. It doesn't have to be cash. It can be goods and services. If you have a friend or know of anyone that can sponsor, ask for me! Please. Jemmett got us some great sponsorship last year by just asking.

2. MATERIALS AND DECOR: I need extension cords like crazy! Any halloween decoration you can make or loan for a day. I promise I will be careful with all that I have. I need to see if we can borrow the PA system again.

3. WORK: I seriously am out there working from 7:00am to 1:00am the next day. If you could take 1 hour out of your day to decorate your own hole, that would save me 4 hours out of my day (maybe I could even eat lunch!). I have all the materials, you just need to put them up on the course. 1 hole 1hour. Thats it. I also need people to help me take down the course afterwards, help run registration and be there in case I need to jump out and do a TV or newspaper interview, help run the other events like the pumpkin carving contest, the taco time taco tree, the ring of fire.

Please let me know here or via e-mail themook@q.com if you can help in any way and we can make this double the success it was last year!

Thanks!

Last edited by mook on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
English101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Will do... Reply with quote

I will check on a few places for sponsorships...
fiya79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: not that bad Reply with quote

I helped decorate and tear down for a few hours last year. it is kind of fun. each hole has a theme and brandon just gave me a box of stuff and said "go for it".

I can supply the PA again as well as 300+ feet of cord.

I don't have any decorations. I actually don't really like holidays. But this tourney is fun.

teardown: Just plan to stay 20 minutes after awards. if everyone helped for a few minutes things get done quick.
mook

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.
English101

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Barries Ski and Sports Reply with quote

I talked to Johnathon @ Barries Ski and Sports and he said they would like to be included as a sponsor and would be happy to do gift certificates and some prizes. Not much, but its a start.
mook

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Matt! Thanks for the help!
English101

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Another sponsor Reply with quote

I almost forgot...

I also spoke to the manager at Play and Trade Video games, and he mentioned that they would also be willing to provide some kind of support (although he didn't say exactly what). He said, the would probably have some small give away stuff for everyone, and maybe something a little bigger for the winner's pot.
mook

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I will put them down on the list too!
English101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Play N Trade Reply with quote

Over the weekend, I spoke with Spencer Karren at Play and Trade. He gave me 100.00 dollars in gift cards and asked if I would forward them on. What is the best way for me to get them to you?
mook

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Rock Matt! If you are going to the SIMS Championship, you can give them to me there.
English101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: SIMS Championship... Reply with quote

Will do...

I will bring it to my next paid lesson @Bengal.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased to announce that Black Jax has agreed to be the title sponsor of this year's Halloween Haunt. They will be supplying each entrant with their own $17 Quest Lighted Disc. There will also be some molds from their newer line available for sale. The Quest is an understable driver. There will be the newer Axe Driver, mid range midKNIGHT driver, and putter pinDRAGON for sale. There will also be AeroPODS available which you can attach to any disc you want in your bag to light up. Selection will be very limited as Black Jax is selling out of stuff as soon as they are produced.

Thanks to Black Jax for stepping and taking this event up 10 notches!
mook

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-Registration Is Now Available at the "Tournaments/Results" link at the top of this website.
novosel14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon I got 30 dollars from the Sandpipper I will bring to you this weekend.
mook

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Blake! I wil get them on the sponsor list. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: