7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Bragging Rights
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Kerry go to Hell for this one?
Yes, he will surely burn!
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
No, he is a hero and the people will sing about his deeds!
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

kerry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Karma Reply with quote

I played a couple holes at freeman last night with a group of 4. Got to hole #18 and noticed 10 cars, all parked in the "no parking" zone along the right side of the fairway. I try to hyzer around the trees over the road so I was cursing them out. I noticed a large group of school/church/youth people having a picnic by #15.

I throw my shot anyway (I went FLX because I am not a total jerk), but I went tight and I blame it on the subconscious worry about hitting a car.

As we are walking to our discs, a cop drives by. I flag her down and she asks if everything is ok. I say, "No officer, all those cars parked in my line. Can you give them a ticket?" At this point, the group I am in is really embarrassed. The cop smiles, backs up to the no parking signs that are posted down the street and drives over to the picnic.

We over hear the officer asking the people to move the cars. A real whining voice asks, "Why?!?" The officer replys, "Someone complained." Not, "Because you are parked illegally." The cop redeemed herself quickly by ticketing the cars that did not move.

Anyway, I am going to hell for sure for this one...
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe that this one act could send you to hell, but it was a lot more fun casting my vote for that category, plus it makes you look real evil which is also fun.

Who knows, maybe the next disc golfer would have broken someone's window so you actually did them a favor.

Later

Caleb Wolfe
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,

First of all... you should know from Moral Reconation Therapy that "the rules are the rules are the rules." Regardless of how the cop phrased her complaint to the church goers, illegal parking is illegal. Think of the law as your Higher Power and just OBEY. There is wisdom in following the rules.

Second of all... God is good and wants you to improve your game. While God is surly challenging your disc golf skills by forcing you into difficult shot decisions. He/She was also likely busy watching every word Bill Clinton was uttering in Denver to make sure he did not engage in any more shenanagins about what the deinition of the word "is" is. Confess your sins and you will be forgiven.

Third of all... you saved a bikini clad girl from drowning this year. I think you have earned a little karmic credit.

Now the real question is: If Jesus played disc golf, would he get an Ace every shot? Your answer to this question tells us a lot about your world view.
staatsy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Don't ef with the Jesus Reply with quote

I think the answer to the following question tells more of your world view:

What's Jesus's favorite ace-hole?

or

WWJT? (What Would Jesus Throw?)
onepaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hadn't all ready saved a drowning girl this year I would say you were in trouble but I think you might be forgiven on this occasion. On the other side I would have thought that THE GEATEST1/2 CHINESE DISC GOLFER in Idaho Falls of all time would be able to adjust that throw to any situation and deliver the required shot.

ps i still voted that you would burn
hongmindy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think your poll has enough options. I would have liked to see the following choice...

Kerry was already going to hell and this act was just one of many evil actions committed over a 36 year period.
fiya79

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: deeper questions Reply with quote

what does it say about us that no one has questioned the non sequitur line of reasoning.

Can Karma send you to hell? generall there is either karma or hell and the two belief bases are very unrelated.

If it is Karma based:
There are courses available:
1) That Kerry has achieved moksha. Karma no longer applies
2) Kerry will lose bengal ridge by an unprescedented margin due to a serious karma deficit

If it is judeo-christain based there are more outs:
1)Kerry was in fact baptised and is therefor immune to all manner of evils (he better hope for this one) despite the fact that baptism clearly didn't take.
2)Kerry will certainly burn in hell due to a lack of faith (in his driver)
3)Kerry's actions were for the greater good of the people and their possesisons and this was a selfless act of love that will no doubt nudge needle on the eternal scales of justice away from the 'brimstone setting'
cartdog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: He's IF's Hero Reply with quote

I don't think embarrassed is quite the right word, stunned is probably closer. But afterwards, as we watched the ticket book come out, we toasted Kerry (who had to excuse himself to climb a spruce on hole 14 to retrieve a disc) and his nerve to get the cop to do the right thing.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEY WILL SING AND THEY WILL DRINK MEAD TO CELEBRATE HIS LIFE.

OR I WILL SEE HIM IN HELL
mook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem with this forum is that we are neither dealing with karma or Jesus. This is the DGG (Disc Golf Gods) and they will pour blessings upon blessings to Kerry for his great act of service in behalf of the nimwits who throw backhand on 18. Maybe now they will allow one of Kerry's horribly ugly jump putts to land in the basket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Bragging Rights All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: