7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bag Tag Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open
View previous topic :: View next topic  
English101

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Bag Tag Challenge Reply with quote

What about something like this to raise a few bucks for the club?

Click on the link on the left of this website titled "HDGA's Bag Tag Challenge"

http://www.hdga.org/index.html
mook

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already been thought of. In the works for next year.
English101

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: a step slow Reply with quote

Look forward to it.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like it'd be perfect for our community. We already trash talk every chance we get, why not put something of value on the line?
fiya79

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

I like the idea. it would need to be modified somewhat. Scott always pushed for something like this.

I think tags could be a little more expensive- $10 isn't much.

OR This is out there- club membership goes up to $25 and you are automatically issued a tag. That would be sweet.

my rules changes- you can only challenge tags within 5 #'s of your own. At the end of the season you owe the club a quarter times the number of your tag. (motivation to move up besudes pride) challenges can be issued at any time. spot someone on hole one of the course with a tag within range and they have to play you.

At tournaments someone is designated to figure out who switches who. and why

You have to display your tag. hide it and drop to the lowest number.

check out boise's rules on their website.
ScottW

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go with the bag-tag idea Very Happy It's good to finally see people coming around on the idea. The hardest part with the tags is proper enforcement that challenges are being done properly and ensuring that tags aren't disappearing out of town. There are only a few single digit North Idaho Recreators Disc Golf Club tags left in the area, most have disappeared into the Spokane area and the Spokane guys never come over to put them up, that seems to be a never ending problem with any club that has tags. $10 for a tag is fair only if they are nice tags Exclamation I would never pay it for a small 2 inch piece of plastic like some tags I've seen. The NIRDGC had their tags made by the same company that does the Garden City Flyers' tags in Missoula, they are about 4x2 inches, double sided and metal, they are sharp. So, good luck with tag enforcement. Remember, the main point of them is to raise money for the club so you have to decide what's more important, keeping tags close or getting the money from the sale of the tags Question I don't like the only able to challenge within 5 tags idea. It should be 10 at worst, but come on really, everyone should accept a challenge from anyone regarless of tag. I think you are chicken poohpooh to not accept a challenge from someone just because they have a far off tag, just beat them or don't buy a tag if you aren't willing to challenge for any tag. I will always accept anyones' challenge for a tag regardless of where they stand. If they are 50 tags away and they are nowhere near my skill level but they play well and I play bad and they beat me, why shouldn't they deserve my tag. Collecting $$$$ from the sale of tags should be enough, you shouldn't get punished for having a high tag number.

Here's what the GCF does and hopefully what the NIRDGC will do soon, if they ever become officially organized: $15 for club membership gets you voting rights at meetings and a club disc $10 additional for a tag if you so choose. The GCF also has a ton of club merchandise like hats, visors, beanies, towels, stickers, patches, and sweet North Face and Columbia GCF shirts to make extra money, real nice stuff.
English101

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: High Tag Number Reply with quote

I kind of agree with not having a punishment for the high tag number. Just because, (initially at least), I will have the highest tag number.

That having been said, it is a small price to pay for some friendly competition.
novosel14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Tags for different skills? Open, advanced and intermeadit. This might help with people playing down in the tornys. Also kinda with Matts point, I wouldnt like the owe money thing. That would make it so I wouldnt want to buy one for sure.

Also Mook, I would be willing to pay more membership fee if a few more things would be included. Someone above mentioned a disc or bag towel...
staatsy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Interesting Reply with quote

This sounds like fun. I like Lance's idea of owing 25 cents x your tag number to the club at the end of the season. Even if we manage to get 25 tags, that's only $6.25 at the end of the season for the last place person. This could take the place of the "if challenger loses, pay winner $1 for difference between tags."

One thing that has been echoed on this board is that when you play with people better than you, you learn and get better yourself. A season long bag tag would encourage this.

I'm assuming there would be some kind of award for top three or top tag?

Here's a link to Boise's bag tag:
http://www.gemstatediscgolf.org/schedule/events/BagTag/2008BagTag.php

and here's their set of rules:
http://www.gemstatediscgolf.org/schedule/events/BagTag/2008BagTagRules.php

Eric
ScottW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GCF uses the rule of 10's for tag challenges but really I have NEVER seen someone decline a challenge because the other players tag was too high and they were too scared to lose their lower number. Here's a link to one of the original topicas discussing tag challenges and cost (some of the fees have since changed)"

http://forum.gardencityflyers.org/viewtopic.php?t=156
mook

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooks two cents. I don't think we should issue bag tags to all club members because there will be those who want to be members but don't want to participate in the bag tag. Makes it hard to challenge someone if they don't want to participate. I want there to be a $20 buy in to the bag tag. If we have 20 bag taggers, thats $400 to give away at the end of the challenge. But you would have to be a member to join the bag tag since the club will probably pay for the production of the bag tags.

No divisions in bag tag. You want a better number than you better your game.

As far as the fundraising part of this goes, I think the 25 x your number would all go to the fundraising. I like the idea of there being a penalty if you challenge someone and don't win. That penalty should go to fundraising too.

We don't have to run the bag tag for fundraising either. The club doesn't need it, but the courses in the area do, especially if we want that Mink Creek Course.

To touch on Blake's comment. I am all for raising the club membership fee's to include a bunch more benefits, such as apparell, club stamped discs, and minis, discounts at leagues and tourneys, bag tags, etc.. I will touch on this in another forum this week.
tkase

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Bag Tag Challenge Reply with quote

Sounds like fun. The $ could also be used for a worthwhile charity. If this were done, we could also try to capitalize on a bit of free press.

Aslo, I think that the challenges should be opened up to all casual games and leagues.

TK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Open All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: