7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Southeast Idaho Monthly Series 2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Many Monthly Series Events Are You Planning To Play In This Year?
None
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
1-2
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
3-4
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
5-7
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

mook

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The morning round at the Lava Hot Springs Monthly will be played at the Lava Lion's Club Park. From Hwy 30, turn into town on Center St (right by swimming pool), turn right on Main St and you will go over a hill, turn right on 5th st, left on Spring St around a city park, right on 6th st and then you will see the park sign on your left, go to the end of the drive and the course is by the river.
See you there!
gripnrip

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon, I could possibly get you 3 baskets for Lava as well as help with the set up etc.. Call me if you need either. I tried calling you and Lance both but the Phone #s listed on the site are disconnected or something.
Deffinger.
mook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad! Nice to see you on the forums! The club has access to like 20 baskets, but only 8 that aren't cloth that are easily transportable. If you could bring 1 basket, that is all I need. I will give you a call too.
novosel14

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I had to jet! I have to call into work at 5... lame I know. Cant wait to see the final scores.

Mike thanks again for the T-rex!!!
staatsy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Blue Cooler? Reply with quote

Did anyone notice or pick up a small blue cooler with a white top? Should've had a banana, two ice packs, and a couple of containers in it. I'll pick it up if someone has it.

Thanks for a great day in the sun...and water....

Eric
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did it go in Lava? Did everyone like the course?
ThievingMagpie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thank to Brandon for putting this course together. I know he put a ton of work into it. Now I know why his legs were are all scraped up. Mine are still healing from looking for Mark?s first shot lost in the scrub.

Second, thanks to all the club members who lent their baskets to the cause and helped Brandon with set up / tear down.

Third of all, thank you Wendall for getting my 165 Buzz out of the river and returning my water bottle to me. I owe you.

Fourth of all, I'm glad that the two Caseys could dominate the intermediate division. Congrats Casey K. on your win.

The AM course was awesome. A good mix of elevation changes, difficult terrain, blind shots, and plenty of OOB hazards to worry about. I would definitely drive down to Lava to play two rounds of 9 there and then go soak.

The PM course was good too, particularly difficult on the last 3 baskets. I?ve got some thoughts for possible changes (a bit like Tuesday morning quarterbacking)? I?ll save them for later.

Thanks again Brandon for putting Lava together and running this series. It was definitely a good time.

-Casey L.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto to what Casey said. Thanks to everybody who helped me out. It was huge. I guess course design discussion should be in another topic, but I will slip one in here. Nine is definately going out. I think we can add another hole in the hole 1,2,3 area next to the big cottonwoods. Hole 7 is a little bit different than the permanent course will be. In order to put it in permanent we have to dig out a level teepad. We meant to stick it throwing more away from the apartments and lower from the swimming pool fence. Hole 2 will probably only move up the hill about 30 feet. I know people went into the parking lot, but I would rather have the parking lot than the highway.
novosel14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we get the scores please?
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the results, please let me know if it does not work.

http://pvdgc.com/sms%20overall%20results.pdf

thanks,

Caleb Wolfe
staatsy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Ditto Reply with quote

I, too, would like to echo what Casey said. Great experience of a tourney with two challenging courses. Bravo, Mook.

I don't think I'd change anything with the AM course (besides my throws in to the river). That layout was a lot of fun. Maybe a little more weed whacking....

As for the PM course, those last two holes were tough - although 8 was mainly tough because of the pedestrian traffic. I mentioned it to you at the tourney, Mook - you could simply move the tee pad to the other side of the bridge (not across the river) to avoid the foot traffic. 9...well, that was a little nutty. Loved the rest of the course - especially how there was some elevation change at 1, the elevated holes at 3 and 4, the length on 2, around the trees at 5 and 6...fun stuff.

Looking forward to the next one!

Eric
mook

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are meeting at 6:30pm on Friday the 15th at Mink Creek Nordic Center (directions at the Tournament/Results link) to set up the course for Saturday. If you want to meet me at my house (1715 Walkabout, just next to Alta Animal Hospital) at 6:00pm and ride up with me, that will work too. It should take about an hour if we have 4 or more peoples. Let me know if you can help.

Also, Lance has a Fun Run/Walk that day so I need someone to handle the club merchandise.

These are the baskets I have available. Let me know if I can't borrow your basket. If you have a metal one I can borrow thats not on the list, let me know.

Mook: 3
PVDGC: 6
Randy: 1
Brady: 1
Caleb: 1
Mark: 1
Drew: 1
Lance: 1
Ross Park: 3

Lance, if you could grab the broken Grace basket from John's house and get it welded, that would be great. There are still 2 there. If you go there, grab both of them.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mook,

If you want, I can run the sales again. Also, I think I'll be able to help Friday night with the course set up, so I'll just meet you at your place and bum a ride, if that's alright. See you next week.

Austin
mook

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Austin.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went up to Mink Creek Nordic Center today. The weeds were 100 times better than last year. It will be alot easier to find discs and help speed of play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: