7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ross park is getting busy so...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my two cents, but not in as much detail as you guys. I think we have to look at it as having a combination of the two layouts. I did like some of Brandon's holes, but I would not like the whole course set up like that for six months or something. I have thought of a compromise. Before the compromise one more thing about hole five. I think the first position was fine. If someone hit a car then they were playing the hole stupidly. No offence. I hit a car yesterday on hole 3 because my orc turned over. Does this mean we have to move the hole, No. Anyways back to my compromise.

We could put in multiple pin placements. Between what we will call "Lances" placements and "Brandon's" placements they were enough different that you could put in multiples on each hole. I didn't every think that ross park would have enough room for 3 pin placements on each hole, but in my opinion, it would work.

If you know every pin placement of the two different layouts, think about it for a second. Lance's layout is more of the same course with added difficulty for lenght. A lot of the shots may take the same line, but you have to throw further, which decreases accuracy. Brandon's layout pretty much, in my opinion, forces you to take a different line and perhaps an alternate throw all together.

If we did all of them, I would like to see an arial view of the poky dot upper ross park with all the alternates, but it would be fun.

Once last thing, did you think that upper ross park would ever have a problem with with too much traffic in certain areas. I think it is cool and shows the park that it is definately getting a lot of use. SWEET Smile

So much for not being detailed, or I guess it wasn't detailed, just rumblings. Anyways, we will see you all later.

Caleb Wolfe
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Garbage Reply with quote

there is a garbage cart headed to hole 5 or 6 this week or next to help with the trash problem. if everyone throws a bottle or two away per round the problems will be minimized.

The best solution is to have people throw away their own bottles, but it is hard to enforce.

As for alts, I think we should be happy with 1 alt position per hole. 2 more would be awesome, but that is a lot of concrete circles out there. I think some of brandon's positions are superior and some of mine are more practical. the holes will rotate regularly. brandon has a key and so do I. if one or two holes per week move we should get a new course layout every month.

Having an overuse problem is awesome. On the PDGA site there is a lot of discussion over 9 holes courses. some of the east coasters belive they are a waste and nobody plays them if there is an 18 hole course nearby. In this case they are totally wrong.

Nobody responded aboiut having some bonus holes in the woods for a while. same as last time.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the plan is with these alternate placements as far as moving them goes, but i think the best way to change the course up is only change the a few placements at a time instead of moving all nine baskets everytime. I also like Calebs idea of having three placements on some or all of the holes. if the city is okay with it then why not.

example of moving baskets: Lance, Mook, or Caleb goes to the course to play and moves 3-5 baskets to alt palcements. thats just how i've seen it done before. again this might have been the original plan i just hadn't heard how they were going to move the baskets at ross. just seems more logical then moving all the baskets everytime and creates more course layout opitions.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance answered my questions with the post above and posted it before i posted mine. you fast typer you. Wink
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to point out one more thing. I don't think any of the baskets should be moved before Brandon's ross park tournament to allow people to practice up. This was a suggestion by another player, I thought I would pass it on.

Caleb Wolfe
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: unless Reply with quote

if the tournament wants to use alt pins for different rounds....
staatsy

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: unless Reply with quote

fiya79 wrote:
if the tournament wants to use alt pins for different rounds....

That would be pretty nifty - original nine for the first 18, alt 9 for the second 18....
novosel14

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would make the Ross monthly more fun.
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

a scout is getting together a crew for "this weekend" I'll keep you updated and all help is welcome. we'll use bag concrete, wheel barrows and shovels to mix. each hole will need dug out, a form built and some basic finishing. It goes pretty quick with the right tools. If I remember right it is 2.5 bags per hole. by sunday the alts should be usable.

still need ideas on 8

still debating on 5

anyone?
cwolfe
Local Pro

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opion: Hole 5 is the same shot regardless of where you put it. They both are a straight shot. Brandons brings the road into play a little bit more adding a little bit of a challenge. It also has the ability to be in the way of arrant hole 6 drives. Not to often, but sometimes. My vote is for the lance placement on hole 5.

Hole 8 possibilities in my opion are huge dog leg right, pretty short and fairly easy. Other option is down the alley further, but doesn't change the way I would play the hole and brings hole 9 tee into play. not good. Where Brandon had it I would say is probably the best. I will throw a thumber every time and think that a little far on a drive could bring hole 9 tee into play, but not necessarily anymore then the current placement. My vote for 8 is where Brandon had it. If you don't know where it was it was behind the grove of trees somewhat.

There you go.

What were the final decisions on the others?

Thanks,

Caleb Wolfe
mook

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I care about anymore is liability. We dont' care if we hit a car cause its somebody throwing a stupid shot? Isn't this the reason that Twin Falls had their course pulled out? I know I sound like a lawyer here, but the last thing I want is to read about someone getting in a wreck over a disc that hit their windshield, or a letter in the paper about mysterious banging noises on the side of the car when they travel down 4th street, or "Disc golfer hit by car while retreiving disc out of busy road". Shall I go on? Let's be responsible here.
fiya79

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: sometime Wed Reply with quote

A scout is going to put in alt tees Wed night. I'm not sure how this will mesh with league, but I plan to help the scout get done. Any other help is welcome. we will need shovels, wheel barrows, concrete tools and muscles.

I'm not sure about the time yet.
mook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance, the 8B basket cement ring is busted. I don't know how to fix it. I am afraid someone might do something with the basket.
fiya79

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: hmmmmm Reply with quote

I'll look at it today and see what is going on and figure out a rig.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Courses All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: