6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Team Over The Top Open
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
discgolf101

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Team Over The Top Open Reply with quote

Hello to all. Just wanted to let everyone know that the online registration is up and running for the Team Over The Top Open at Lake Walcott. This is going to take place May 17-18, and is a PDGA sanctioned B teir event. To ensure a spot, I would encourage anyone planning to play to sign up ASAP at:

http://www.snakeriverseries.net/

Hope to see you all there!

- Jason
mook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh....Walcott. I salivate just thinking about playing there....

I will be there from Friday to Sunday night playing this tourney and if 2 other peoples need a lift, I can help..

Also, warm up for this tournament by playing the PVDGC sponsored Lake Walcott Monthly on April 26th. Check out the details on the events page of this site
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pitch there, Mook.
discgolf101

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're trying to make this more of a disc golf weekend than just a disc golf tournament.

As always, there will be the random draw Friday night doubles. In addition to that, we're going to be having a free BBQ for all players Saturday evening (trying to land a band to come out for some entertainment as well). Also, we will be doing a real ring of fire in addition to a $500 Ace Race after the Saturday rounds.
mook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...sounds fun! Soooo, does that mean there will be real fire?
discgolf101

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! What's a party without Fire!
discgolf101

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder to everyone who is planning on playing to get signed up through http://www.snakeriverseries.net/

You don't necessarily have to pay when you register, although it is appreciated.

Also, for anyone interested, I am selling hole sponsorships for $25/hole. I have 23 more holes available to sponsor, so if we get them all taken care of, we should have a nice purse for all to enjoy (my goal is to get to around $2000 added cash).

We have the order in for 75 custom stamped Crystal Buzzz' and 25 Crystal Challengers, so make sure you set $20 aside to pick one of these up. We're going to use the Buzzz' for the $500 Ace Race, so if you purchase one, you're automatically in.
mook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count in the P.V.D.G.C as a hole sponsor.
discgolf101

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I appreciate that!
fiya79

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: 10 spots Reply with quote

only 10 spots left in this one.

and while I'm at it: LOGAN in INTERMEDIATE?

unless you haven't played a single round since you left you are kidding me. I'd bet they would let you pay the extra bucks and move up still.

I can't believe it. that would be like Drew playing int. Total bagger. ridiculous. step up. be a man.

unless you are going to throw an aero exclusively?
discgolf101

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are officially full! We will be taking a waiting list of 10. Thanks for all the support!
llamprec79

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Lance - huh Reply with quote

Lance,
While I am not the best learner from life experiences - one lesson I have learned is that it is way difficult to judge another person because we never know completely their life. So, perhaps I signed up for intermediate because I have played 3 rounds in the last 11 months. I am working on my doctorate at Kent State, am working full time, and am teaching a class. Plus, the closest course is 30 minutes away. So, needless to say, I never get out. The way I disc golf is through talking to Drew on the phone about his disc golf - really. So, anyways, my hope is that you might be reflective here and perhaps more mind-full. Anyways, hope to play with you at some point while I am visiting. If me throwing an Aero will faciliate you being less attacking of me on a public forum, then...Anyways, I suppose this is enough.
Logan
"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life." - Kerouac
mook

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen such a well supported retort to a trash talk in my life (thats not true). You really ARE college edumacated! I don't care if you go Intermediate. In fact, I would be fine if you went Women's as well.

Besides, what does Sandbagger mean anyway? We'll break this down scientifically. And please anyone feel free to add to the list.

Sandbagger (sand-bag-her):
1. To place a bag of sand over a female person or animal.
2. A phrase a sore loser shouts out because they sucked in their divisiion and are trying to justify their horribly play by insulting somone else.
3. An inidividual who really unpurposely has no idea what division they should be in. This confusion is runs rampent (is that the word?) in Idaho because pros are not really pros and advanced are not really advanced according to the PDGA rating guidlines. Which, according to the PDGA guidelines, Brandon would also be an Intermediate player.
4. Someone who deliberately drops down to another division to ensure themselves a place in the prize pile. I am fine with these people as well. They get what they deserve. Any of us know that the lower the division, the lower the entry fees and farther down the division they pay out. The higher the division the cooler the prizes. The lower the division, they just want to make sure you leave with something if you are in the top half (this is only true in Men's divisions).
fiya79

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: no problem mate Reply with quote

Odd, I was trying to give a subtle compliment, not a scathing insult.

The last time I played ross park with you I shot 3 down. AND LOST BY 4 STROKES. Back in the day you were freakin awesome. It sucks that you don't get to disc much anymore. Had I known that you literally don't play anymore I might have toned it down at least two notches.

I really don't care what division people play. As brandon said Idaho division are their own little thing anyway. Calling someone a bagger is totally the way to justify my poor play.

And, I hope people don't care what I post here. It's pretty easy to slip into cyber bully mode and be taken seriously when I really don't have a beef with anyone.

while we are near the topic: I hope everyone in Pocatello gets better. I believe a rising tide raises all ships. If everyone gets better I will have to step up my game to keep up. playing with good people makes you play better. it isn't me against you, it is sort of like us against them. let's all get crazy good, go out of state and put the smack down at tournaments.
drewpy101

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making a statement from pocatello would be a little easier if you would have signed up for the tourney.

Now the only statement we will be making is we're all a bunch of sandbaggers.......yeah I said it......and surprisingly I can't be referring to Mark (the biggest sandbagger of all time) since he isn't even signed up.

We must keep in mind, that Advanced, Open, Intermediate does not necessarily equal that in a larger event. For example when Lance went down to intermediate to play in the Eagle Island tourney. Was that the wrong move......well he didnt kill them...though the comeback was impressive.....to his credit....

All im saying is. As long as its a guess as to who will win.....its fun.
Everyone try hard and try not to beat me......GOOD DAY!

I SAID GOOD DAY!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: