7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Home
Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club
Disc Golf Idaho!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ThE DiScS yOu CaN'T LiVe WitHoUt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Trash Talking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewpy101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: ThE DiScS yOu CaN'T LiVe WitHoUt Reply with quote

What disc, if missing, would hurt you the most. Whether the hurt is more mental or physical you decide. Exclude your putter as that is a given.

Longest Disc:
Midrange:
Wind Disc:
Other:

Last edited by drewpy101 on Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
drewpy101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note this information is needed to provide myself with a competitive advantage, as I will be WILDLY RIFLING through your bags, removing key discs before our next tournament. LOL

Longest Disc = recently required Destroyer
Most important = Coyote.....sigh... love it.
llamprec79

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bag is so full of discs, you probably wouldn't be able to pull one out if you tried, so good luck. Plus, as long as you're just using that coyote of yours, I won't worry too much.
Long disc - 165 Inferno, Avenger SS, and Star Beast
Mid disc - of course my nice collection of Buzzz' - I'm with Lance on this one
Wind disc - who knows, I just throw one out there and pray it doesn't come back and hit me in the face real hard, but if I had to say, presently, it is my heavy Diablo-hi flex or my heavy Surge
Other discs - the Assassin, Xpress (i know you don't like this one Drew but it's nice), Champ. Panther, and my Star T-Bird L.
Oh, yeah, one of these days, Drew, you're going to come around to the likes of an Aero in your bag. You just don't know it yet.
- Logan L.

"What is the feeling when you're driving away from people, and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? -it's the too huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.? - J. Kerouac
mook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its nice to see Logan and Drew on the forums chatting it up! There is one disc that I would die without having and thats my Champion Roc. I am so used to the consistency and stability of that disc that I would be lost without it. I lost it briefly a couple of weeks ago and had to use a Buzzz. Sorry! Didn't work! Other notables would be my Champion TeeRex and Champion Wraith.
pole vaulter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think most people that have played with me could almost guess mine, but here are the ones i NEED

longest disc: star destroyer 175 and star teerex 169

midrange: 02 dx roc 174

wind disc: star max 175

other: KC champion firebird 175 (probably my most used disc)
ScottW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longest Disc: Toss up - 169 STAR TeeRex or 175 First Run STAR Destroyer, just depends on the day and how well I am throwing

Mid Range: depends on the shot: anhyzer - 172 beat DX Roc straight - nicely worn Garden City Flyers Crystal Z Buzzz overtable - STAR "baby" Roc from '06 USDGC

Wind Disc: 175 Champ. Monstrosity, the disc I love to hate

Other: 175 Champ. Firebird for thumbers
If I could only choose 1 disc to throw in a given round it would be a 175 STAR Aviar

Really though, all of these criteria just depend on the conditions and how well I am throwing that particular day. Some days my long drives are with my super flippy 175 STAR Wraith, 172 trashed STAR SL, or even my 172 Pro Starfire. So many choices and so many variables, that's why I carry 21 or so discs in my bag.
Wazowski08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My game would be dramatically altered without my 150-class Z-Talon and my 172 Champ Orc. These have been faithful for a long awhile. But, I must say that my utility/rescue club has got to be my 175 Champ Monster. I have gone through 5 of these so far and it is not because they get lost easily, it because I throw them into the most precarious places. If I think to myself, "Yeah, I could make that shot," I pull out my Champ Monster and let it fly.
fiya79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: buzzz thank you Reply with quote

everyone knows. without the buzzz I am nothing. esp- understable Z- straight FLX- overstable. It is nice to have one modl that feels consistant but can fly so many ways. anything from 50-300 feet is almost an automatic buzz shot.

for distance 169 star wraith, though I may switch to a champ soon.

putter- JKX

I could probably play about any course at my top level with a Z buzz and a star wraith. the buzzz putts surprisingly well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Portneuf Valley Disc Golf Club Forum Index -> Trash Talking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: